Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
escalade
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put LED DRL's and parking lights in my esky and now both headlights have a fog inside only at the DRL and parking light part. Where my HID's are, there is no fog. I just orded super white halogen bulbs in hopes the heat generated from them will keep the fog away. As of right now with just LED's there is no heat in my headlights. Anyone else have this problem after switching to LED's? My lights seemed to be pretty sealed and they both went foggy the same time.

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
2007 STS-V, 2007 Escalade, 2003 Escalade EXT, 2014 ELR
825 Posts
It might be burn off from the coating on the LED bulbs.

I installed Silver Stars in my previous escalade right after cleaning out the haze from the inside of the headlamps. It only took a couple hours of use before the haze returned to the inside of the headlights. I put in regular glass bulbs and cleaned out the headlights again and the haze never returned.

·
Registered
66DeVille Vert 76Coupe Delegance 07Escalade ESV 96Fleetwood 83Coupe Deville 70Calais
661 Posts
if the headlight isnt sealed up perfect it will get moisture in it. I had to replace the doors to the headlights on mine and re seal the outer edges of the headlight with sealer so that they definately sealed up and it worked. Make sure all the bulbs pigtails are screwed in properly and straight or air will get in for sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts