Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ATS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just traded in my 07 CTS for a brand new 2014 ATS 2.0T Luxury and couldnt be happier.

One thing I would like to change is the headlights. As most of you know, my model did not come with the HID bulbs/kit. I am pretty new when it comes to this, as unsure what exactly I need for this upgrade. Of course I am going to leave it to the professionals for the install, but if anyone could send some links my way as to what to purchase/what I need, it would be greatly appreciated! Looking to make my headlights that clean, white color.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD 6MT
637 Posts
as far as OEM goes, from what I understand, I don't think you can actually get the LEDs that come on the performance option or standard premiums.....I know a lot of people want that but I think I remember for some reason, you can't get the light blades. but, I have seen people that didn't have the LED bottoms, to install those and they work....I could be wrong about the main headlights w/ the LED blades but I don't think you can get them.

are you wanting LEDs or are you just wanting to make them brighter?

·
Registered
14 ATS 2.0/11 Camaro SS
200 Posts
if you dont want to spend the money, or go through the rigamarole of putting in aftermarket HID's go get some Putco replacement bulbs in either Nitro Blue or MIrror White. They both are brigther than stock and have a nice pure white glow, no yellow.

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,527 Posts
You can do a whole swap out with the blades. 2 people here have done it. It's not easy to do though. Looks factory when done. Donavo did it after hitting a couch in the road. I can't remember the other one.
as far as OEM goes, from what I understand, I don't think you can actually get the LEDs that come on the performance option or standard premiums.....I know a lot of people want that but I think I remember for some reason, you can't get the light blades. but, I have seen people that didn't have the LED bottoms, to install those and they work....I could be wrong about the main headlights w/ the LED blades but I don't think you can get them.

are you wanting LEDs or are you just wanting to make them brighter?

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD 6MT
637 Posts
duneless said:
You can do a whole swap out with the blades. 2 people here have done it. It's not easy to do though. Looks factory when done. Donavo did it after hitting a couch in the road. I can't remember the other one.
I could've swore some dealers told folks it couldn't be done.....doesn't seem feasible, you would think it should be fairly easy, swap for swap but not much easy in this technological era

·
Registered
2019 XT4, 2014 ATS 2.0 luxury
194 Posts
Has anyone asked their dealers what can be done to make them brighter or just brought the better bulbs into the dealership and asked them to replace the OEM bulbs with the brighter ones. After having brighter (halogen I think) bulbs on several car, what is in the ATS is a huge step backward. And its not just an appearance issue, its a safety one also especially down here in Florida where street lights haven't been invented yet.

·
Registered
14 ATS 2.0/11 Camaro SS
200 Posts
Where in Florida are you??

I found the lights to be fine, I just felt they were a little yellow. I think the projector housing is great. I spent about 20 minutes and swapped in some Putco Nitro Blue 4400K bulbs and now I have a crisp white light that is a little brigther and seems to shine a bit further.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Yes dealers have said it can't be done of coarse. They don't fabricate and won't. This is something you have to get done on your own. When I find the thread I'll post. I thought the guys who did it would chime in but haven't yet.
I could've swore some dealers told folks it couldn't be done.....doesn't seem feasible, you would think it should be fairly easy, swap for swap but not much easy in this technological era
----------

I found it. I see your on that thread as well.http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-ats-picture-appearance-forum/578738-oem-leds-finally-installed.html

·
Registered
2019 XT4, 2014 ATS 2.0 luxury
194 Posts
Where in Florida are you??

I found the lights to be fine, I just felt they were a little yellow. I think the projector housing is great. I spent about 20 minutes and swapped in some Putco Nitro Blue 4400K bulbs and now I have a crisp white light that is a little brigther and seems to shine a bit further.
I am in Bradenton, Florida. Changing any type of bulbs in Florida is a pain-especially floodlights in a 12 foot tre ceiling. So its really no big deal and anyone with three thumbs could do it? And it won't screw up the alignment of the headlights?

·
Registered
14 ATS 2.0/11 Camaro SS
200 Posts
No you just need to turn the wheels, pop out the inner fender well liner and you can get to the bulbs very easily. It will not mess with the alignment at all, you aren't touching the projector just the bulb

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,664 Posts
Yes dealers have said it can't be done of coarse. They don't fabricate and won't. This is something you have to get done on your own. When I find the thread I'll post. I thought the guys who did it would chime in but haven't yet.http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-ats-picture-appearance-forum/578738-oem-leds-finally-installed.html
Even just installing the factory parts won't do the job. The programming has to be changed which technically I believe dealers are not allowed to do per GM, although wouldn't be surprised if some did.

·
Registered
2014 Red Obsession ATS Premium 3.6L
601 Posts
nice use of word "rigamariole" I Like!

EmeryZ28 said:
if you dont want to spend the money, or go through the rigamarole of putting in aftermarket HID's go get some Putco replacement bulbs in either Nitro Blue or MIrror White. They both are brigther than stock and have a nice pure white glow, no yellow.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Did you have to look that one up to?:canttalk: Had to say that my man. You know Goldilocks and Fad. Forgive me. You must know atleast 2 languages and I know 1 but I still mess with you. Bad Daryl.
nice use of word "rigamariole" I Like!

·
Registered
'13 ATS4 2.0T, Gone but will be missed, '13 SRX4 Performance
473 Posts
This is how I start my day. Grab a cup of coffee, check out the morning news, then read what Daryl was up to last night.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts