1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Fleetwood D'Elegance
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everybody

I got a Fleetwood D'elegance 1988 FWD.
does anyone know if I can replace my headlight assembly with two seperate beams? I'd like to have a seperate high and a seperate low beam and not a whole headlight assembly. Is that possible at all? Thanks

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
It has two separate beams. The inner lights are the high beams and the outer ones are the low beams.

·
Registered
1988 Fleetwood D'Elegance
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has two separate beams. The inner lights are the high beams and the outer ones are the low beams.
So it is possible to replace the assembly ( two beams behind one glass) with two seperate beams? Do I need anything else for the replacement except the beams? Where can I get these beams online?

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Could I bother asking WHAT the possible purpose of this would be? The dual lens designs to me look AWFULLY dated compared to the flushmount single-lens type.

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
There is absolutely no advantage to replacing the composite headlamps with older, outdated, and inferior sealed beam units. The only way to replace them would be to get a front clip from a '85-'86 DeVille or Fleetwood because they have those lights. There is no way to mount them to a '87-'88 model. You will also have to cut the wiring and replace the connectors for the different lights. If you want more light, replace the bulbs with a performance bulb such as Sylvania Silverstars or equivalent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts