Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Gals,

On my 1995 FWB I noticed that the headlights are SUPER dim, brights are okayish, but low beams just suck. I replaced them with very good bulbs and the light is better, but my corning lamps - the lights that come on when you hit the turn signal - are brighter in my opinion. What can be done to get these low beam lights brighter? I checked the lenses, they are crystal clear.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The lenses are glass for the headlights, so those should never really be a problem unless they get really pitted after hundreds of thousands of miles.

Almost sounds like there is a wiring problem perhaps? Has the harness ever been altered with splices/replacement pigtails? Are the connectors warm to the touch when the headlights are on?

Obviously if the charging system is failing where voltage is dropping, your headlights will dim. But the turn signals would too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did not see any splices - I will check for heat later. Just wondering, it seems like they should be better than this - high beams are pretty good but the low beams just stink - even with new bulbs. I recall in some older cars 60's and 70's you could bypass the charging system with a relay harness and get brighter lights so I see the connection between the charging system so to speak. It is charging fine though. Just not sure where to check next.

·
Registered
920 Posts
It may be just a matter of aiming.

Get about 100 feet in front of the car on a level surface and position yourself to find the maximum amount of light.

The beam should be a few feet above the ground and fairly straight ahead of the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts