Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m curious if anyone else has the same issue. When my headlights are on at night, I will have oncoming cars flash me their high beams..as if I’m running my high beams. I will then “show them” I’m not running my high beams by flashing them.

Is it just me?

ESV 2016

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks for confirming that I’m not crazy in my thinking...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,792 Posts
This seems to happen more on uneven roads, hills, and uneven parking lots. These lights are bright, but they are aimed in the same way every other headlight is...which is slightly down from horizontal. When you follow someone, you can see the lights are aimed properly and not up in someone's back window.

·
Registered
2018 Escalade ESV Platinum
285 Posts
I haven't had regular halogen headlights in nearly 18 years on any of my vehicles, they've all been HID and later LED since 2001, and never noticed people flashing thinking my high-beams were on... Now the people who convert halogen headlights, especially those without projector beams, to HID... They're the problem.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,792 Posts
I haven't had regular halogen headlights in nearly 18 years on any of my vehicles, they've all been HID and later LED since 2001, and never noticed people flashing thinking my high-beams were on... Now the people who convert halogen headlights, especially those without projector beams, to HID... They're the problem.
One of my biggest pet peeves, I’m so tired of that.
I also agree, I can’t really remember anyone flashing high beams at me in my Escalade.

·
Registered
16 Esv Platinum
141 Posts
16 esv, we get flashed sometimes, does seem to be on bouncier roads when the front end comes up theyre probably get a nice dose of headlight

·
Registered
2015i Escalade
129 Posts
When I first got my escalade in 2015 I got the flash so much I took it to dealer and asked them to check alignment, they said it was right on. I think a lot of it happens because there is a line where the lights are much brighter below this line. I think they do this do alleviate this problem with oncoming traffic. What happens is when your traveling in hilly terrain and you crest a hill the brighter part will hit oncoming traffic. Do not know a solution.

·
Registered
All Escalade Premiums, '16 ESV, '13 ESV, '10 EXT
623 Posts
Do the 15+ have intellibeam? Loved it on my 10 and 13 but haven't found the feature on my 16 premium if it's there

·
Registered
74 Posts
Do the 15+ have intellibeam? Loved it on my 10 and 13 but haven't found the feature on my 16 premium if it's there
Yes. We have a 2016 Platinum. It's there, but you will need to follow the instructions in the manual to turn it on. It's a bit more complicated than it needs to be.

·
Registered
2016 ESV
13 Posts
I had the same issue. Factory height of headlights is too high and blinding to oncoming traffic. I lowered mine myself. This is very easy with the screws on the inside of the headlight. they are easily accessible.

·
Registered
All Escalade Premiums, '16 ESV, '13 ESV, '10 EXT
623 Posts
Yes. We have a 2016 Platinum. It's there, but you will need to follow the instructions in the manual to turn it on. It's a bit more complicated than it needs to be.
LOL yeah that stupid video game thing with the high beam stalk, thank you just got it working yesterday. The mirror button in the previous years was much more intuitive

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue. Factory height of headlights is too high and blinding to oncoming traffic. I lowered mine myself. This is very easy with the screws on the inside of the headlight. they are easily accessible.
I was getting flashed constantly. I also lowered them just a little and now rarely get flashed.

·
Registered
16 Esv Platinum
141 Posts
how easy is the adjustment screw to get to, does anything need to be removed? I haven't had a chance to look at mine yet, but anyone whos done it could post a quick pic would help people down the road.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts