Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Deville
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 Deville...Got in my car tonight and both my headlights are not working. High beams and parking lights work. Im assuming it is extremely rare to have both headlights blow at the same time. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
It is rare but there's no law that says they should go at different time. :) There's also a possibility that you already had one bulb out but didn't notice it. If you have a replacement, you can just swap out and see what happens. Most likely they will work and you will need a new set of headlight bulbs.

·
Registered
2002 Deville
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oddly enough it was both bulbs...The good thing: It only cost me $30 for repairs. The bad thing: What an absolute pain it was to change 2 light bulbs!!!!!

·
Registered
'06 STS AWD V6, '99 Deville
68 Posts
I know that you resolved your issue with replacing the bulbs but I had the same problem and it was due to severe corrosion in the power distribution center under the hood on the driver's side. Many of the connectors to the various relays were almost turned into powder. For those with the same issue that replacing bulbs does not work, please read here

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a similar problem, it was a very odd occurence. I had to change the bulbs, and then shortly after I changed the battery. Now my lights will randomly flash? Usually upon first 5 minutes of driving. These cars are odd. Thats for sure.

·
Registered
'06 STS AWD V6, '99 Deville
68 Posts
I'm not sure what year your car is but check out my link above about the electrical problems I found regarding corrosion. I can't believe how bad the corrosion was on a ton of the terminals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts