Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STS N*, 1SF, 144K mi.
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, as I was backing down the driveway, I thought I heard the ABS pump cycling...which is odd, 'cause it's so quiet in the STS, I don't remember hearing it but once or twice.

Then I pull out on to the street, and there's that electrical noise again...and my right headlight is dimming. Lasts about 1.5 seconds. Less than three seconds later, it happens a third time, and I notice there is mist on the left edge of the windscreen.

Oh...the headlight washers activated themselves, a few times, without spraying the windscreen washers.

???????????

Anyone else had this happen? I can't think of any reason for it. Temps are normal, no changes in routine, didn't touch the wiper stalk...

·
Registered
2005 STS N*, 1SF, 144K mi.
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They were. Did it only the one time.

Bad ground...good call. I need to replace the washer pump, anyway, as it's a bit weak.

I find it odd the headlight and windscreen use different motors not sharing the same ground.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
They don't share ground as they run independently from each other.
Headlight washers only run when headlights are on and 1 time out of every 3 (or 5 can't remember) times that the windshield is sprayed during that ignition cycle to save on washer fluid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts