Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
06 CTS
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 CTS, no wash headlights. Bought aftermarket to replace my scratched-out factory (in January BTW) Just finished the install and I'm a little confused. The lower lights are always on and the upper come on with the hi-beam switch. The lower stay on and they are very bright. Looked at my owners manual and it says the uppers re the low beam. Is that correct? Did I do something wrong and what can I do to remedy it if necessary? Thanks in advance for your anticipated assistance.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,806 Posts
Well since you have aftermarket... The low beams maybe on the lower part now.

What aftermarket headlights did you get?

KOT

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Kingoftypos said:
Well since you have aftermarket... The low beams maybe on the lower part now. What aftermarket headlights did you get? KOT
Most aftermarket housings are set up pretty much same as factory on the low beam high beams

I have looked but without knowing the brand he has it's hard to say

·
Registered
06 CTS
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only info I have is they're from Spec-d Tuning. I hope there is an easier way to reverse the wiring then removing the bumper again!

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,806 Posts
Is it one of these types of lights?

http://www.specdtuning.com/cadillac-cts-projector-headlights.html

Nevertheless, you're going have to remove the bumper again to re-wire them. This is why testing before putting everything back together is important.

I do remember a thread where they had a similar problem with these lights.

My personal CTS went through the same thing. When I had a head-on crash, the driver's headlight had to be replaced. Having factory HID does not matter for what I am about to say. Mainly because I purchased another factory HID headlight housing. The body shop installed it and found out that the wiring was "wrong". It's been 6 years, so I don't remember exactly what was going on. But the body shop had to rewire the harness to make it work. My only theory is that GM changed the pin-outs for the harness and headlight housing between a year change. Like 03 to 05 was one way, then 06 to 07 was a different way.

KOT

·
Registered
06 CTS
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KOT, you're right about the aftermarket brand. I'd like to locate the other end of the harness to re-pin it if possible, or if necessary, disconnect the hi-beam wire altogether until another day. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2004 CTS luxury package
300 Posts
If your factory headlamp assemblies aren't BROKEN, I'm interested in buying them. I can restore the plastic and would much rather have OEM buckets than the aftermarket garbage buckets that were already on my car when I bought it.

·
Registered
06 CTS
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not broken at all. I bought them I liked the look of the aftermarket lights, shiny and new plus the LED's vs the old worn look. I'll take a pic and post it after I resolve my issue, then we can talk.

----------

I found a temporary fix by removing the low beam relay. Still want to reverse the pins on the harness at the, hopefully, convenient end!

·
Registered
06 CTS
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shameless bump but still looking for a wiring schematic. I found an old thread that had some wiring diagrams but they were so old the attachments were no longer available so I PM'd the OP but haven't gotten any response in the last week. I can live with the above remedy for now but really want to fix the problem and the wire harness seems to be the best route. Getting on the ground and working under cars is for the youth!

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
fourhour said:
Shameless bump but still looking for a wiring schematic. I found an old thread that had some wiring diagrams but they were so old the attachments were no longer available so I PM'd the OP but haven't gotten any response in the last week. I can live with the above remedy for now but really want to fix the problem and the wire harness seems to be the best route. Getting on the ground and working under cars is for the youth!
That is unless you have back pain(not fun)

I might be able to help you out with the wiring if you want(since I have experience in auto electrical) just give me a pm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts