Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 2003 CTS was wondering if anyone has tried tinted headight covers. My headights look nasty was wondering if I put a set on my car how they look. Want to go with 20% but not if they are junk.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
i personally didnt like the precut tint from ebay myself. it was a little difficult to put on and it looked like crap to me. there are a few guys on here who have used some type of spray or something, and there headlights look great. do a search on this forum and you will see some of them

and if you dont want to tint them, you can watersand them or take it somewhere to have them watersand. i had mine done when i bought my car and they still look awesome and like new

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Ya I think its just the cheap coating gm puts on the headlights...they all go bad on the cts 03-07 I just put turtlewax ice on them when I wash the car and they look good for a couple days...too lazy to wetsand them and to stubborn to pay someone to do something soo simple lol

·
Registered
White '04 CTS 3.6L,Two JL 12w7 + Bose/ Boston Tweets
1,481 Posts
sorry i dont have pics cause i had the ebay overlays on for just a little bit, trust me, if they are done well, they look awesome. Problem is I upgraded my D1S bulbs( low beams) to 6000k and when i turned on my lights...its was green! so i ripped them off. ever since i have been trying to find a place to tint them for me.

The spray that txbest is referring to is called VHT night shade...its a transluecent black spray paint, im not sure about the steps, but i remember something about two LIGHT coats, and it actually gets darker...then you clear coat it to give it a shine

·
Registered
CTS 05
716 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
i do not have before and after pics, because i wouldnt take my car from the dealership, until it was in the exact shape i agreed to in the contract...but you can see them in my photo albums

·
Registered
2003 CTS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry i dont have pics cause i had the ebay overlays on for just a little bit, trust me, if they are done well, they look awesome. Problem is I upgraded my D1S bulbs( low beams) to 6000k and when i turned on my lights...its was green! so i ripped them off. ever since i have been trying to find a place to tint them for me.

The spray that txbest is referring to is called VHT night shade...its a transluecent black spray paint, im not sure about the steps, but i remember something about two LIGHT coats, and it actually gets darker...then you clear coat it to give it a shine
which brand or company did u buy tint from??

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
112 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with lamin-x.com?
I am interested in seeing how the yellow tinted covers would look like on a black car...

·
Registered
05 CTS
1,395 Posts
This thread has pics of people using the VHT night shade that txbest was talking about.

LINK

·
Registered
'06 CTS
81 Posts
How would I tell if I have HIDs?? Assume they are stock because headlites are very good at night time.
Look at your headlight assembly... If it says "D1S" on there somewhere, you have the stock HIDs. If you had aftermarket HIDs (i.e. 6000k or "darker"), you'd definitely know. So either way you don't have to worry about the vinyl tint uglying up your beam color.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,819 Posts
Look at the headlight housing. There should be letters insripted into the lens it self. One for the low beam, and one for the high beam. What are they? D1S will be HID, HB(something) will be non hid. Also, if you have someone else turn the lights on while you are near the head light to hear for a high pitch tone that mellows out. If you hear that tone, then you have HID.

·
Registered
White '04 CTS 3.6L,Two JL 12w7 + Bose/ Boston Tweets
1,481 Posts
Look at the headlight housing. There should be letters insripted into the lens it self. One for the low beam, and one for the high beam. What are they? D1S will be HID, HB(something) will be non hid. Also, if you have someone else turn the lights on while you are near the head light to hear for a high pitch tone that mellows out. If you hear that tone, then you have HID.
Well put :thumbsup:

Idk your plans in tinting your lights, but if you do decide to go with vinyl...lol when you done putting them on, you wont want to get a higher temp hid kit lol

if u do.....goodbye tint...

another option- clearcoat with a drop of black :bouncy:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts