Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an 07 CTS with the standard headlights and I was looking to upgrade to HID's. Originally I was just going to buy an HID conversion kit but I was a little unsure of that because my car is a lease. Instead, I came across a good deal for a complete set of stock HID headlights. Now, how easy would the swap be, or is it even possible to just take out the standard headlights I have and swap in the factory HID headlights? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol come on people, I know someone's gotta know the answer to this...I need to let the person I'm buying from know soon if I am going to buy them or not

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Yes. It's been done before. I believe you need an extra ground wire or something. I'm not 100% sure. Do a search. I think tomm figured it out. Maybe try looking at threads he started.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
It would be better, especially for a lease, if you got an aftermarket kit to replace the halogens. It's technically changing less than replacing a headlight. And cheaper. Plus, you don't get ugly 4,300K colored HIDs.

An aftermarket HID kit is essentially a bulb swap on the old headlight. Nothing is changed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts