Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that my HID headlights have some sort of clear coat on them. It seems like the clear coat is beginning to peel. Do you think the dealership will replace my headlights? Or is there another method I can take to remove the peeling? (compound... buff... and wax???)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its still under warranty it is an 03. I bought it as a certified pre-owned so and purchased the extended warranty therefore I have bumper to bumper coverage up until 100,000 miles. I am the second owner.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update... I took it into the dealer and they swapped my HID headlights with no questions asked.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update... I took it into the dealer and they swapped both my HID headlights no questions asked.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update... I took it into the dealer and they swapped both my HID headlights with brand new ones.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
Guess I've gotta harrass my dealer a bit more. The same thing's happening to mine, and the dealer said they couldnt give me a waranty replacement b/c...well I dont remember their exact excuse but it was BS.

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
they probably said "oh its normal wear" which is bullshit. tell them there is a tsb regarding the issue and it recommends headlight replacement, if they still say no say okay then casually walk to the showroom, find a salesman then ask nicely to see the manager and then explain your issue.

psychology behind this : (I just do this, i have 4 years of psyche under my belt)
while you remain friendly and congenial they are more willing to help you out because they have not yet lost your business.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
Yeah he said it could be normal wear from road debris (impossible b/c some of the scratches were perpendicular to the direction of travel) or maybe I'd tried to wax my car with steel wool! I became a bit confrontational at this point, asking him to explain why only the headlights and not the paint would be scratched if this was the case. He just kind of walked off at that point.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Whats with all these warranties about the 100k miles i keep hearing about? I bought mine at a dealership not a caddy dealership just a small one. It has 48k miles and still under original warranty for another 2k miles. I drive about 20k miles a year and my local dealership said they would give me a 1 year 20k mile warranty for 1500 bucks, how can i get one of these 100k mile jobbies?

·
Registered
114 Posts
mikesharon said:
Whats with all these warranties about the 100k miles i keep hearing about? I bought mine at a dealership not a caddy dealership just a small one. It has 48k miles and still under original warranty for another 2k miles. I drive about 20k miles a year and my local dealership said they would give me a 1 year 20k mile warranty for 1500 bucks, how can i get one of these 100k mile jobbies?
At some places, you can get a certified used car with an insane warranty on it. I think at the dealer where I bought mine, they had a 3-ish year old Deville with 22k on it. I could have gotten the 100k warrantee on it, but I think it might have cost like 1-2 grand extra.

Not a bad deal considering my new CTS has a 70k warrantee, but I had to pay more for the extension.

Then again, this whole "buying cars from dealers" thing is new to me so there's probably some wrong info in my post.

·
Registered
405 Posts
New to me as well. I just cant see paying 1500 bucks for a year warranty with a car that has under 50k miles on it. If something bad happens ill wish I had it I know, but still there is alot of things that can be done within 1500 bucks. I had my wifes A6 with 30k miles and no warranty, never a problem. Glad I didnt buy the warranty then hoping I have the same luck with the Caddy.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The extended warranty to 100k is usually an aftermarket deal. This will not cover your car bumper to bumper read the exclusions it's all there. Always Always buy a GMPP extended warranty that way you are protected at any GM dealership, the aftermarket (non-GM) will tell you that any dealership will accept them for your repairs BUT it's up to the dealer. Many aftermarket companies like to play lets make a deal with the repair GMPP does not.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My lights look like crap...they have the same thing happening to them...

My dealer said that it was normal wear and or that it looks like a hard chemical may have caused it...since i'm not the orginal owner I can really say she's lying.

She did however tell me to call Cadillac's Customer Assistance, and that issues such as this one can be approved.

I just don't see how one dealership can do it while another one can't. I too have the 100k mile bumber to bumer warranty.

The dealership overall has been good to me. I just can't stand it when they say "we couldn't recreate the issue." As if I was making it up...why would I do that?

B

·
0 Posts
I bought mine in FL, Dec' '05 ('03 CTS LS w/20,400 mi.) the headlights were already screwed along with the rear high brake light (holding condensation).

Took it to the local Dealer in GA and he never looked at either one of the issues. He just ordered new parts, they will be in next week to be replaced:D .

·
Registered
2013 3.6 Performance Luxury
1,034 Posts
mikesharon said:
Certified pre-owned Cadillacs go through a 100+ point inspection and come with a 6 year / 100K mile warranty (from in service date) and 6 months of OnStar. See http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/cpo/advantage.jsp

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS Blue Onyx Lux Sport
222 Posts
while we are on this topic i looked in the books today at work and noticed that the HID bulb from factory is different then the non HID bulb ... anyone do a conversion and which bulb did u use?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts