Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 94STS works great except I can't drive at night.
My headlights go out without notice from time to time and then come again sporadicly.My gauges are still lit up annd every thing else works. Anyone seen this problem or know the source? THX

·
Registered
755 Posts
However if you don't get this worked out I would head over to Mr. Goodwrench as loosing headlights is pretty serious!

·
Registered
140 Posts
There is a fuse block under the hood just in front of the driver's side strut tower. There is a pop-open panel in the black plastic cover. Take the whole cover off. There are two push-pin type fasteners that hold it on. Pull out the center part of the fastener first & then the entire fastener - they are reusable.

I recently had this cover off & I'm writing this from memory. There is a decal inside this cover that shows which fuse is for what circuit. There is one cicuit breaker (metal housing) in the bank with a bunch of maxi fuses. *I think* this is the circuit breaker for the headlights. The decal will say for sure.

If you haven't made any changes to the headlights, I would suspect the circuit breaker is going bad. You haven't upgraded to high-output bulbs or added fog or driving lights recently, have you?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just thought of something else...

If your car has the auto-headlight feature, it could be the light sensor on top of the dash.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Yes, make sure that puppy is clean! If it has the auto headlight, you can turn on the lights on manually, by moving the twilight sentinal to the right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
elwesso