Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac Catera
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I once saw a post or article where the haedlights were modified to have the high and low beams on at the same time.
Can anyone direct me to this, or tell me how?
Thanks

·
Registered
1997 Catera
172 Posts
I am curious on how to set it up so the hi and fog are on at the same time, and a way to disable the daytime running lights when the parking lights are on (or just to disable the daytime running lights altogether).

·
Registered
1998 Catera
474 Posts
the daytime running lights (high beams at reduced voltage) are disabled when the parking lights are on. you need a tech 2 tool to disable the drl's all together.

·
Registered
1997 Catera
172 Posts
My DRL are on with lights OFF and lights on parking; they only turn off when headlights are on (or car in park). Vehicle is 1997 model.

·
Registered
1997 Catera
172 Posts
is there a way to disable the daytime running lights when the parking lights are on?
I assume the answer is no, unless you have a tech2 tool. If everyone else's DRL go off when the parking lights are turned ON (as you stated) then I ask if someone has a clue why mine stay on?

·
Registered
1998 Catera
474 Posts
is there a way to disable the daytime running lights when the parking lights are on?
I assume the answer is no, unless you have a tech2 tool. If everyone else's DRL go off when the parking lights are turned ON (as you stated) then I ask if someone has a clue why mine stay on?
ah ok. if you have the parking lights on and you put it in drive, the drls will come on. if you wanted to stop this, you would need a tech2 tool.

·
Registered
1997 Catera
172 Posts
yep. That's the answer. Oh well its a moot point as of 2PM today I am more concerned with the taillights...and a new bumper and trunk. A ford exploder hit me at a red light. Pushed up the trunk hinges, cracked the right taillight, knocked the CATERA off the trunk, and it pulled in the right side of the rear quarter panel.
Now I wait to see what their insurance will pay for. Adjuster coming next week from my insurance to evaluate.
Damn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts