Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The headlight lens is covered with a clear coat. My clear coat was peeling. Dealer replaced the lens. Driver side lens Part #15276219, (car '04 3.6 30K mi),

The Zip

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I just took mine in with that very same problem. However they want to refurbish mine by a guy who does this for them. I'm definitley going to have to see a sample of that. They only replaced the lens you say. Let me know if you have any condensation issue's. Mine too is an 04 with 29K. I also had peeling of the clear coat on the front bumper, I wonder if one is related to the other.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The way it was written-up on the invoice was "clear coat finish coming off, replaced left front headlamp assembly",

Ths Zip

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mine is peeling or crazing look on top part of lens that has the gray trim area underneath. It's an 04 with 26k. I'm hoping the dealer will stand behind this. My understanding of the warranty is that cosmetic issues are only covered for 12 months.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My car was older than 12 months; If the tech would have made an issue I would have told him the complete vehicle is covered for 4 yrs 50K mi, whichever comes first, bumper to bumper. Don't see anything that talks about a 12 month cosmetic warranty,

The Zip

·
Registered
26 Posts
Took mine in and they sanded them down. When they did they sanded my bumber too. They fixed it by clearcoating the area. A week later, peeling and guess what. Not their problem. Arrrrghhh.... .l..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone recently have luck with getting the peeling headlight lens re-clear-coated? Mine is at the dealership for said work.
I obviously was hoping to hear that they would be replaced, but I got the "they will look good as new" response.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
DDS rollin a CTS said:
The Zip said:
The headlight lens is covered with a clear coat. My clear coat was peeling. Dealer replaced the lens. Driver side lens Part #15276219, (car '04 3.6 30K mi),

The Zip
Hey, could you send me the name of your dealership, the name of your service advisor, and a phone number where he can be contacted? I have the same problem on both of my headlights. My service advisor claims he's never seen this problem before and has so far refused any sort of repair or replacement under waranty. If I can show him that others have had this issue repaired/replaced under waranty, maybe he'll finally help me out. Thanks a million!!!

Bryan
Anyone else who has had this problem repaired or replaced under waranty by your dealer, please send me the info listed below. I really want my headlights replaced but my dealer has refused to do anything so far.

Info I need:
Name/Location of dealership -
Name of service advisor -
Phone number where he can be reached -
Your name or an invoice number from the repair just in case he needs to refer to it -

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
109 Posts
i noticed it yesterday leaving work, i rubbed my finger over it and it all seem to just flake off. it is only on the top of the headlight though but i am guessing the entire thing is covered in clear coat. Not a big issue but if i could get it swapped out i would

·
Registered
77 Posts
22Cadillac22 said:
i noticed it yesterday leaving work, i rubbed my finger over it and it all seem to just flake off. it is only on the top of the headlight though but i am guessing the entire thing is covered in clear coat. Not a big issue but if i could get it swapped out i would

This is a known issue with these composite covers. Mine went bad a year and a half ago. I took it into the dealer and they replaced both of them. If its still under warranty get in there and ask for new ones.

·
Registered
77 Posts
DDS rollin a CTS said:
Anyone else who has had this problem repaired or replaced under waranty by your dealer, please send me the info listed below. I really want my headlights replaced but my dealer has refused to do anything so far.

Info I need:
Name/Location of dealership -
Name of service advisor -
Phone number where he can be reached -
Your name or an invoice number from the repair just in case he needs to refer to it -

Thanks guys!
I pulled this off my service history from my GMLink:

HEADLAMP/COMPOSITE ASSEMBLY - RIGHT - REPLACE, 1-DAY COURTESY TRANSPORTATION
12/09/2004

Your GMGoodwrench Dealer / Heritage Cadillac / Lombard, IL

$0.00

HEADLAMP/COMPOSITE ASSEMBLY - LEFT - REPLACE, 1-DAY COURTESY TRANSPORTATION
12/16/2004

$0.00

As you can tell... this was a warranty issue. And was fixed free of charge.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
DMC-12 said:
I pulled this off my service history from my GMLink:

HEADLAMP/COMPOSITE ASSEMBLY - RIGHT - REPLACE, 1-DAY COURTESY TRANSPORTATION
12/09/2004

$0.00

HEADLAMP/COMPOSITE ASSEMBLY - LEFT - REPLACE, 1-DAY COURTESY TRANSPORTATION
12/16/2004

$0.00
Thanks DMC!!!

Anyone else, please post your info in my thread titled "CTS Owners Survey: Headlights cracking/peeling problems" so we can have all this info in one central location. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
DDS rollin a CTS said:
Thanks DMC!!!

Anyone else, please post your info in my thread titled "CTS Owners Survey: Headlights cracking/peeling problems" so we can have all this info in one central location. Thanks!!!

You are welcome!

Let me know what happens. If they give ya any crap... call the 800 Caddy Customer Care number in your owners manual... and B!tch up a storm about this dealer / service dept. They WILL fix it after that :D

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
DMC-12 said:
You are welcome!

Let me know what happens. If they give ya any crap... call the 800 Caddy Customer Care number in your owners manual... and B!tch up a storm about this dealer / service dept. They WILL fix it after that :D
Did that already. Twice. Dealer still refused to budge and the customer care people said this is not the type of thing they normally handle so they really couldnt do anything other than call the dealership and tell them I called to complain.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
DMC - could you post or send me the name of the service advisor who approved this repair and the phone number for the dealership. This info will be helpful when I go to my dealer in the next day or two to again try and get this service approved. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I have that peeling as well on my 03. I thought it was because it's an 03, but on my next visit to the dealership I will ask my service rep. about having them replaced and see what he says..... will post afterwards on what happened!!! :bigroll:

·
Registered
405 Posts
I wish I knew this might be covered under warranty when my car was in warranty. Mine is peeling pretty bad, I do alot of highway miles and just thought it was rocks hitting it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
11 Participants
x-ray