Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 El Dorado ESC
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday a passing semi kicked up a rock and broke the headlight lense on my 01 Eldorado. Found a used one from a 97', will it fit the 01? Next thing is the guy wants $100 for it. Is that reasonable? Is there any aftermarket or crossovers from another vehicle that will fit. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,278 Posts
Monday a passing semi kicked up a rock and broke the headlight lense on my 01 Eldorado. Found a used one from a 97', will it fit the 01? Next thing is the guy wants $100 for it. Is that reasonable? Is there any aftermarket or crossovers from another vehicle that will fit. Any help will be appreciated.
==========================
they are $70 - either side - including shipping - on ebay -

·
Registered
2002 Eldorado ETC Collectors Series
164 Posts
Try to acquire the entire assembly, not just the lense. Much easier job than replacing the lense alone for obvious reasons when you take a close look at the assembly. Ebay usually has assemblies from junkyards (right now in fact) and they are often less than the $100 you mentioned. And yes, the assembly from a 97; will fit your 01'.
Best,
Ron

·
Registered
1999 Eldorado ETC coupe.
438 Posts
If you go used assembly, buy the entire unit but make sure those pesky adjusters aren't rusted and frozen. When they freeze up the soft parts strip out. Stripped out they're useless.
I've learned to keep a supply of good operable spares.

·
Registered
98 eldo/KD54 w/N37,T96,QA1,D55,DS3,U1Z. U3R next
2,125 Posts
92-97 Seville headlamp capsules are the same. You will have to remove the capsule for the Seville headlamp assemblies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts