Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The low beam drivers side has been out. Message reading fix address left low beam.
For that matter, the high beam didn't work either.
Been roughly a week now.
About an hour ago, turned on the vehicle, and its dark enough for the "auto" setting.
I could see the reflection of hid light on the cars, thinking by it was just the passenger, I left the vehicle on, walked the dog, looked back and holy s.it, both of the hid' s were / are working!!! Low and day high beam.

Possibly worthy to note, last night I checked all the fuses ( specifically the body control module fuses ) all fuses looked good.
Has this happened to anyone ????
Other than naming this vehicle Christine,
What could this mean ???

·
Registered
2015 SRX LUX 2014 CTS LUX Phantom Grey (previously 2008 STS)
2,017 Posts
Could have named it Ghisalaine

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
765 Posts
HID's do that when they fail. It may do that for months before it finally stops.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Premium silver-coast/shale-brownstone
848 Posts
If you replace the bulbs yourself, don't bother with the GM ones from the dealer! They're simply re-branded Philips bulbs and are more than double the cost. It is recommended that when changing an HID headlamp bulb you do both. If one failed, the other will often soon too. Plus a new HID bulb can have a brighter and whiter appearance than an older bulb, and thus will not match each other.

I bought my bulbs locally from an HID specialty shop, and got both for significantly less cost than a single bulb from a dealer.

FYI - the high beams and low beams in our HID systems are integral in the eyeball. There is only a single filament inside the lamp, running at full brightness at all times. The difference between low and high is a shutter or flap that moves, allowing more light to be shot higher and further.

Max

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just replaced my drivers side hid bulb with a diode dynamics bulb.
Wouldn't ya know, it not only works, but the side to side / up and down feature now works!! Its pretty amazing as it never worked before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts