Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this seems to be a problem with some Escalade headlights, the tops of the lights are starting to fade, and get a white look to them. Have any of you ever experienced this? If so, what can I do about it besides buy new ones. Thanks.

·
Registered
Cadillac
43 Posts
I know this seems to be a problem with some Escalade headlights, the tops of the lights are starting to fade, and get a white look to them. Have any of you ever experienced this? If so, what can I do about it besides buy new ones. Thanks.
you can get the meguiars plastic polish. or wet sand them with 1500 grit aluminuized paper then polish them with a white stone and a polishing wheel. you can get those items cheap @ HOME DEPOT in the tool coral.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whats the deal with aluminized paper?? I do some paint and body on the side, and Im not sure Ive ever heard of it? Just regular 3M wet or dry paper perhaps? Also what is the white stone? A polish?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
As said a plastic polish will help for exterior, but many of the headlight assy's are dull on the inside of the lens. :(

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
540 Posts
There is this product called Novus. It really works wonders. There is a couple step process. Parts one and two. based off of how bad they are I would still start out with number two first to see what kind of results you get..

Guy

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As said a plastic polish will help for exterior, but many of the headlight assy's are dull on the inside of the lens. :(
yea,,i tried polishing the front with a fine cut cleaner, and rubbed it out. Didn't help much,,I may do that to the inside when I bust them apart.:yup:

·
Registered
Cadillac
43 Posts
whats the deal with aluminized paper?? I do some paint and body on the side, and Im not sure Ive ever heard of it? Just regular 3M wet or dry paper perhaps? Also what is the white stone? A polish?

Well visit your local autozone ALUMINUMIZED paper is less abrasive so it wont leave marks in the plastic but it will cut the haze. a WHITE stone is a polishing compound used for a fine cut. im sure you can guess what the wheel is for.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
There are several kits available to polish and renew the look of your headlamps.
I have seen a few of those. I wondered about this type of thing when everyone went to the plastic lamp assemblies years ago.
Guess I know my answer.

Look for something like this:
http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/SYM-75010010.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts