Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
SRX4
1 Posts
Hi Jeff,

We recently purchased a Certified Pre-owned 2011 SRX4 with extended warranty and approx. 30,000 Km on it. We do like the vehicle, however, we have had a couple of issues since day one that we can't seem to get resolved.

1. When you drive the SRX for a consistent period of time of 30 minutes, a “Service Rear Axle” notification comes on. As I'm writing this, the SRX is in for service with the dealer on this issue for the eighth time. None of the previous seven times resolved the issue.

2. Additionally, the same SRX also has the issue described in this forum thread. One of the front headlights (Driver side) gathers excessive condensation during rainy days, car washes, melting snow, etc... In the winter, this excessive condensation freezes and impairs the luminance of the headlight.

For item number two above, my dealer states that they can't cover this as it is not under the extended warranty and it will be up to $2000.00 to fix the issue. This seems unreasonable. I understand that we purchased a used vehicle, however, the promise of Certified Pre-Owned and extended warranty should cover what appears to be a defect that is being experienced by many people.

I would like to escalate my stated issue with the headlight. Could you please advise on who I need to contact and how I will contact this person?

My email is: [email protected]
My Phone is: 905-239-2422

Zico Sarmento

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,027 Posts
I took this post out of the thread in the STS-V forum and moved it to a new thread in the proper SRX forum. Hopefully you'll get some advice from fellow SRX owners here.

·
Registered
14 SRX Luxury
613 Posts
Get that headlight replaced at a body shop. I had one done there and it was much, much cheaper than $2,000.00.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
When did you buy it? What was the original in service date? Is it still covered by 4 year bumper to bumper? A CPO is supposed to be a true bumper to bumper warranty extension. Since they can't fix your rear axle message I'd try a new dealer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
You can fid the Headlight on ebay very cheep. There are instructions on the forum for a DIY job as an option, it is very easy for most. I fully agree with you and others about CPO, it is what it is. On my 2010, I had over 6K in repair work under CPO, lucky me the car had it. However, on Cadi's web site, they do state what is and is not covered. OEM B2B covers just about everything, fading emblems etc. the CPO s limited B2B.
Find another dealer for the rear issue.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
Had the condensation issue in the headlight on our old 07 Yukon Denali XL, our mechanic drilled a hole in the bottom to drain water and that fixed the problem, not sure if that would work.

With respect to warranty coverage, ask you dealership for the phone number for Cadillac Customer Relations or go on the GM Canada website and find the "contact us" link where you can reach out to them to find out if your issues are covered or not. If covered, inform Cadillac that your dealer is not handling this properly and they will reach out to the dealer to push them along.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury Edition
19 Posts
My driver's side headlight is 1/2 covered (bottom half) with condensation, and the passenger's side one is now showing signs near the bottom...Of course my extended warranty won't cover it...Mine is a 2010 Luxury edition. I have the regular halogen units. Yes, you can get the replacements cheap on E-bay or from parts suppliers, but installation is NOT easy - especially for the driver's side unit...AND, be careful that the NON-OEM units have the front-facing white LED's...and the side-facing orange marker LEDs...some ship without them!! I am tempted to drill a small hole in the bottom (since I'll have to replace them at some point) and see if the temperature will 'bake' the water out of it...problem is that, perhaps ants and other small critters might enter!!! Perhaps inserting a 'tube' of fine mesh screen like coffee filter screen might stop that...dunno...

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
You can dry them out and just put a bead of silicone around the existing seal where the two halves meet. You can see it done on YouTube.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
My driver's side headlight is 1/2 covered (bottom half) with condensation, and the passenger's side one is now showing signs near the bottom...Of course my extended warranty won't cover it...Mine is a 2010 Luxury edition. I have the regular halogen units. Yes, you can get the replacements cheap on E-bay or from parts suppliers, but installation is NOT easy - especially for the driver's side unit...AND, be careful that the NON-OEM units have the front-facing white LED's...and the side-facing orange marker LEDs...some ship without them!! I am tempted to drill a small hole in the bottom (since I'll have to replace them at some point) and see if the temperature will 'bake' the water out of it...problem is that, perhaps ants and other small critters might enter!!! Perhaps inserting a 'tube' of fine mesh screen like coffee filter screen might stop that...dunno...
We never had any issues with bugs getting into the hole that was drilled into the headlight.

·
Registered
2010 SRX
9 Posts
Zico,
I own a 2010 SRX. I have the same issue. Whats sad is this is suppose to be a luxury vehicle. Who knew my fiancee's jeep would end up being the most reliable car in the household. In any event, there is a silicone fix on youtube (if you have the patience). Otherwise a body shop will do it for about $100.

No advice on the rear axle.

Zac
Concerned Cadillac Owner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts