Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok two part question:

Will headlights from a 2011 cts work on my 2009 cts4?

And is there anyway to tell if they have adaptive tracking by looking at the headlight and housing itself.

· Premium Member
2023 CT5-V RWD / 2020 XT6 Sport / 2024 Lyriq AWD (reserved)
5,438 Posts
They should work. If your 2009 has Xenons (HIDs), you should stick with those. All Xenons on the gen 2 CTS are adaptive throughout the model run AFAIK.

Xenons:

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Sky Car

Halogen:

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light

· Premium Member
5,438 Posts
Padgett, if those HID's are original they might be losing some brightness over time. Might want to get a new set of bulbs.
Agreed. My xenon bulbs lasted 10 years and were still pretty decent when one burned out. I replaced both at that time because I assumed that the new one would be much brighter than the aged one. I ran a test at night (with one new bulb) and there was a difference - not huge but it was noticeable.

· Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; Audi RS6 Avant; '16 ATS-V Sedan gone; '10 CTS LongRoof gone
20,648 Posts
Agreed. My xenon bulbs lasted 10 years and were still pretty decent when one burned out. I replaced both at that time because I assumed that the new one would be much brighter than the aged one. I ran a test at night (with one new bulb) and there was a difference - not huge but it was noticeable.
Plus as soon as you replace only one bulb and put the front end back together, the second bulb will burn out. I think that's a law or something!

· Premium Member
5,438 Posts
Plus as soon as you replace only one bulb and put the front end back together, the second bulb will burn out. I think that's a law or something!
Gotta respect the law. Plus, I found it easier to do the two at the same time than 2x the effort of having removed one of those assemblies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts