Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is changing the light bulbs difficult? I just took a quick glimpse inside the enginebay and it looked like it would be hard to get to the headlight bulbs. Any tips would very helpful. Thanks, Ryan

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
Driver side fairly straightforward, Reach in turn a quarter turn and remove, passenger side can be bloody trying from over the radiator. You'll have better luck from underneath with the lower splash guard removed. Make sure and use the proper TORX bit to remove the splash guard screws. Another way on the right is to remove the red battery terminal box , let it dangle and with small hands reach in and turn the socket, Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
carnut said:
Driver side fairly straightforward, Reach in turn a quarter turn and remove, passenger side can be bloody trying from over the radiator. You'll have better luck from underneath with the lower splash guard removed. Make sure and use the proper TORX bit to remove the splash guard screws. Another way on the right is to remove the red battery terminal box , let it dangle and with small hands reach in and turn the socket, Merry Christmas!
Thanks for the info. Merry Christmas to you too!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well got it changed, like you said the driver side was pretty easy but the passanger side was crap:banghead: . But I got it, took about an hour. Also got it from the top, just used a screwdriver to pop it out. Only thing is i didn't have to turn either bulb to get them out. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
The bulbs for the lights pull straight out, the ring around them lock them in place. The fog lights on the other hand, twist counterclockwise and are very deep in a tube molded on the housing, be very careful reinstalling these as the locking ring in the housing can be broken if forced. The quarter turn I was referring to was the lock ring around the bulb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts