Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 DTS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, has anyone figured out how to change the horizontal aim of our headlights? Vertical is easy of course, but both my
lights shoot too far to the right. Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 SRX Sport Pkg
1,135 Posts
That is strange, because there is no horizontal adjustment. If the lamp housing units are properly mounted, the light beams should point in the right direction. The only thing I can think of is that the projectors were somehow knocked off their bearings. You would need to open each lamp housing to investigate.

·
Registered
2006 DTS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, they look to be mounted properly. It's just a couple degrees off to the right; the low beam cut- off leaves a little bit of darkness straight
ahead; about 2 feet of my lane is cut-off, instead of just the oncoming lane. Maybe they're all like this and I'm the only one bothered by it?? :)

·
Registered
2008 SRX Sport Pkg
1,135 Posts
Possibly. I cannot imagine too many circumstances that would throw the projectors off unless you had a side impact or something. I would shine the lights on a blank wall and perhaps do some measurements. Road surfaces can do funny things to a light beam.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
Or maybe you drive too far over to the right side? Are you centered in the lane or riding the shoulder?
Otherwise i'd say the housings aren't mounted correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts