Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Dubbed Stealth said:
Lets get a group buy going.... I remember someone saying lund would do this.... I'm in...
I'm in

·
Registered
2005 & 2008 CTS
1,362 Posts
I thought Pete from Cadillac Motor Sports brought them all and modified them. I think you'll have to cotact him.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
The only headers that I know of are the ones that Lund built, then sold to Pete. He has the remaining stock. I don't know if he's modified them all, or just to order. They're not cheap. They also only fit the 3.6L motor. I only wish someone made them for the 3.2L car.

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
Ody:

We had a jig fabricated for the 3.2 platform if you are interested. Also, no chrome plating as there was on the Lund's as it was junk chrome plating, nor were any of the welds pressure tested for leaks. Mounting hardware supplied from Lund (zero); they suggested re-using the original OEM gaskets and headers bolts! The chrome plating was junk and not even hexavalent 3 stage chrome at that which is ( copper, bright nickel and flash chrome ). And who in the hell wants blue headers on there CTS from chrome??

We Sterling jet-hot coat everything and extrude hone the internal pipes and the flange decks are as large and flat as some people's heads on this forum. New head gaskets and Stage 8 (grade 8) chrome moly header bolts to replace the rusty OEM header bolts is the "right way"

Ask Marine what he got from us. We also arranged the installation for him and did so 3000 miles away at half the price he was quoted by every shop that he visited. And trust me, these things are a bear to install.......At least 6 to 7 hours if you know what your doing. Ask the Marine.

If you want headers Ody; we'll take care of you. We ALWAYS take care of "good people" and do our very best to exceed there expectations on every level.

best regards and email me at [email protected]*********************** if you would like to learn more about what we can fabricate for you.

all the best - Pete

·
Registered
270 Posts
05CTS said:
I thought Pete from Cadillac Motor Sports brought them all and modified them. I think you'll have to cotact him.
damn, is this site ever gonna be done?

I remember hearing 06/05... It shouldn't take that long to do some html, should it? take some pictures and make a shopping cart.

anyway, where can I find some specs on these headers?

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
WOOOOOT!!! headers for the 3.2!!! I cant buy them yet but I will be able to soon. Dont you go disapearing from this board now Pete!

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
PETE - Yeah, let us know what kind of price you have in mind for headers for the 3.2L. I think we're the ones most starving for power so we could very likely get a group buy together if the price is right.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Pete, check your PM. I'm also very interested. Judging from the CTS's on EBay and the number of members here, there are a LOT of 3.2L cars out there becoming more affordable. There's a huge market for mods for them, since the number one complaint is 'more power'. I'd prefer JetHot coatings over chrome any day. I've used them before and they are high quality, and definitly keep underhood temperatures bearable.

I'm in NoVa three days every week for business. I'm sure I can find some time to visit your shop, and talk car mods. I have no qualms about being a Guinea Pig and taking one for the 'team'. LOL

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
yes, a group buy is possible from lund, the original makers
here are some communications i swapped with rich:

"It should also be possible to start making them again (I could investigate
the matter at least) if a group purchase of 10 or more people were to get
together.

Richard Dale
Lund Cadillac
[email protected]
ph. 602-375-4383"

again, in response to being told that thier superchargers never worked, yeah right:
"
We have a functioning supercharger system for the 3.6L CTS however
development stopped after the release of the V. It produces sold numbers
(mid 300's to the wheels) however it was never developed to the point where
it was emissions legal.

I'll have to look into what the unit cost would be.. that would depend on
what finish was desired, etc.. chromed, jet hot thermal coated, painted
black, etc.
Keep in mind these are heavy gauge tubing being used with top quality welds,
made IN THE USA.. so pricing will be as such, not to the level that you find
with lower quality products which are made in china in bulk or to low
non-exacting standards.
Richard Dale
Lund Cadillac
[email protected]
ph. 602-375-4383
"

Rich was a nice guy to talk to, seemed very willing to help out the community and gave reasons why they stopped, it was a not a buy out or anything,
"
Unfortunately we are no longer making the headers due to general lack of
interest in them.

Richard Dale
Lund Cadillac
[email protected]
ph. 602-375-4383"

thats why, we are a niche market and things are unfortunatly expensive for us, go look at a trubo kit for a bmw or anything that dinan sells.

anyone can call up or email rich and get the ball rolling more, i was just doing some recon for the community.

-K

·
Registered
CTS-V
159 Posts
odysseus said:
Pete, check your PM. I'm also very interested. Judging from the CTS's on EBay and the number of members here, there are a LOT of 3.2L cars out there becoming more affordable. There's a huge market for mods for them, since the number one complaint is 'more power'. I'd prefer JetHot coatings over chrome any day. I've used them before and they are high quality, and definitly keep underhood temperatures bearable.

I'm in NoVa three days every week for business. I'm sure I can find some time to visit your shop, and talk car mods. I have no qualms about being a Guinea Pig and taking one for the 'team'. LOL
I can get to NoVa also, so I'm willing to get in line behind you for a "test" set....:cool2:

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
Aw heck, you can put me down as a test subject if you'd be able to do the work on weekends or before January 3rd.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Pete took a heck of a gamble buying Lunds 3.6L inventory that was being liquidated due to 'lack of interest'. If the price is not too bad, I'll bet the 3.2L version headers will be the most popular. I wonder if we could get enough for a 'group buy' with CMS? I'm very curious how much HP can be gained on the little 3.2L, simply by replacing the exhaust and airbox.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
From my house in LA to Lund, 1311 E Bell Rd, Phoenix, AZ - 386 miles...VA is a long way...LOL..I sent Pete an e-mail also... may as well see who has the best package...since installation may be an issue, if Lund gets back on track maybe a 5 hr trip and a possible overnight stay ain't all that bad...Nice highways too going out that way...I remember from when I drove out here when I moved from Brooklyn.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
PJ, find out where Marine got his installed. I'll bet that's much closer than Pheonix.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
odysseus said:
PJ, find out where Marine got his installed. I'll bet that's much closer than Pheonix.
I got mine Installed in Long Beach which is about 15 minutes from PJ.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts