Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Escalade and have experience fabricating, welding, rebuilding engines etc... Not a professional, just an obsessed hobbyist for speed!
will any headers for a LS3 6.2L engine fit with minor modifications? There are a lot more headers for camaros etc... cheaper for the better brands.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 Escalade and 2018 CTS-V
320 Posts
You can sort most websites that sell headers by year/make/model. I have JBA headers. Go with long tubes. The shorty's didn't make a lick of difference on my truck.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Kooks or American Racing, both almost the same, have used both on my different Escalade's, they are the two best for the ls engines

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2009 CTS-V and 2006 GTO
69 Posts
Kooks catted Y-pipe and Magnaflow to finish it off!!! Nice no drone at cruise and bruiser when you get in the it! And it has a resonator in tail!!!

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,456 Posts
I think you all may've missed the point of this post. Seems the OP is asking will LS3 headers fit the L94.

....My initial thoughts are yes they'd fit, but I'm purely speculating.

·
Registered
'16 VSport (wife's), '10 Escalade, '97 & '02 SS Camaro's, '15 Silverado LTZ
1,131 Posts
The headers will need to be specific for the Escalade. Each set of headers are custom bent for the particular application to clear interferences.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,456 Posts
^^^Thats generally true, but I have in the past used car headers on trucks. In my application, they tucked up tighter to the floor pans where clearance was an issue.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
They may bolt on but that is the least of the problems, because then you need a custom Y pipe when several companies make headers just for this truck application, and Y pipes that bolt on and up to many different exhausts, even if the headers were free the extra amount of work needed you would be better off just buying the proper header system IMO

·
Registered
2015 Escalade and 2018 CTS-V
320 Posts
They may bolt on but that is the least of the problems, because then you need a custom Y pipe when several companies make headers just for this truck application, and Y pipes that bolt on and up to many different exhausts, even if the headers were free the extra amount of work needed you would be better off just buying the proper header system IMO
Agreed.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have installed the American Racing headers with the cat back sustem on my C6 Z and loved them. However they are pricey. OBX used to sell a set with the Y pipe and cats on ebay for the escalade but I cant find them anymore.
Kooks are nice, but again i havent seen a complete kit with Headers, Y-pipe, and cats for the 2008 escalade. If anyone has tips on where to find this please chime in.
Also if anyone knows where to find the OBX kit that would help. I even went on their website and did not see it listed.
As for mufflers i want to find a used pair of C6 Z mufflers and mod them like my last ones so i can install the mild to wild switch and have the caddy run quite but wide open when needed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pacesetter now offers 1 7/8 headers for the Escalade. I wouldnt run anything smaller on the 6.2. I plan to get a set in the near future. You have to build a y pipe though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts