Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm strongly considering putting headers on, but I'm concerned with the sound - I've heard tons of clips online, but nothing beats hearing it in person! I have the magnaflow catback right now and I absolutely love the sound - I know there may be some fitment issues with the kooks, so any advice here would be appreciated - btw, I would run hi-flow cats with them...my last car smelled like shit w/ headers and no cats!

The point of this thread is to see if there is anyone in Southern California that has headers on their V that I could meet up with to see/hear! I'm not too concerned with the legality issue...just the sound.

And, while i've got your attention (and to save me a search) what type of power gains can I expect with kooks, hi flows and magnaflow? I've read that I can actually lose some power - please correct me fellas.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, stealth v tune would follow the install of the headers...

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im sure there aren't...that's why i mentioned i'm not worried about the legality of having them. it doesnt matter to me that they are illegal.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
25-30 RWHP with a tune.

As far as sound, are you concerned that it'll be too much or not enough?
i'm concerned that i wont like the sound, to be honest. i definitely want it to be louder than it is now, but with the same bassy, deep sound...i don't want just noise. i'm not sure i'm being very clear...sorry...try to bear with me! :highfive:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can come by and hear mine, but the headers are mated to the B&B exhaust.

They will be for sale in the very near future.

anything would be better than just listening to audio clips online.

where about in so cal are you? i'm in calabasas...just north of L.A. in the san fernando valley.

·
Registered
08 Z06 (543rwhp-521rwtq)05 CTS-V (???rwhp-???rwtq)
192 Posts
i have kooks with corsa,you can come and hear mine if you whant.i'm in noth hollywood.i also have a customers V with kooks/borla.let me know.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have kooks with corsa,you can come and hear mine if you whant.i'm in noth hollywood.i also have a customers V with kooks/borla.let me know.
that would be great - you aren't far at all!

are you going to be around this weekend?

·
Registered
08 Z06 (543rwhp-521rwtq)05 CTS-V (???rwhp-???rwtq)
192 Posts
saturday i'm open from 10am to 3pm.you can call me if you whant @ 818-535-0015.let me know when you whant to come in.

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
I am in Torrance, so south of LAX.

If your just gonna do headers, the sound isn't going to change that much.

It is the stock exhaust that strangles the exhaust note.

If you are gonna do headers, think about what exhaust your gonna mate to them, because you will.........:yup:

B&B with a resonator and and cats is quiet enough to not get you noticed in Ca.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
The stock exhaust does indeed subdue the sound, but the stock cats have a very noticeable effect, too. Just going to the hi-flo cats (never mind the headers!) really allowed the sound to get out the tailpipe on my car. :yup:

Just remember, next to the stock exhaust, the Corsa is probably the next step up on the loudness scale, then the Borlas and the Magnaflows and the Zoomers (am I missing anything?), then finally the B&Bs. And the order may change a bit depending upon if you're talking about idle or cruise or WOT (the Corsa really, I mean REALLY, lets go at WOT). Also, I really don't think the headers add that much sound at all.

Well, at least those are my impressions anyway, FWIW. :D

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
You won't lose power with this set up. I picked up 20hp & torque with a tune.

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
car customizing shop.FIRST CLASS MOTORING @ 818-535-0015.
Very Cool.
Makes me wonder what you are doing to your customers V.

Are there any samples of your work posted on the forum?
If so can you provide links?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts