Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, fellow forum brothers, I have a question for you.

1.- I currently have a Magnaflow Exhaust on my V, the car is right now over at a local performance shop getting a new Maggie installed, and I would like to add a set of headers to the car as the next mod, the questions is, what headers can I buy that are a bolt on to the magnaflow, what I really don't understand is, if all the exhaust systems out there are cat backs, they all bolt to the stock cats, right? then, if the header and cat system are made to replace the stock manifolds and stock cats, why are the aftermarket exhaust systems not the same (compatible), sorry for the stupid questions but I had to ask, if any body can help me with this question it would be much appreciated, please somone get me out of the dark.

Jose

·
Registered
476 Posts
The stock cats are relatively large and bolt directly to the exhaust manifolds. The mfgs want the cats to light off as early as possible on an ice cold start, hence the placement at the exhaust manifold. The long-tube headers take up the space once occupied by oem cats. The long-tubes do not provide enough room for the oem cats (at least on any application I have seen), so smaller aftermarket cats are required.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts