Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
2010 Cadillac CTS Wagon Premium 3.6L AWD
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With tons of research I realize there's no one selling headers made to fit my CTS LLT, but I was sure that the Camaros would have tons of options. Turns out they did and I'm wondering if anyone's ever tried to fit them into their 3.6L CTS. I'd assume if they don't fit as is, I could do go to a local shop and have them bend to fit. Here's just a few of the header options I've found for reference:

Stainless Works CA10V6HOR: CAMARO V6 2010+ HEADERS | JEGS

Thanks in advance for any info!

Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
@Backon4 has headers on his heavily modded '10 AWD wagon. Perhaps he will chime in.

Registered
08 CTS DI
With tons of research I realize there's no one selling headers made to fit my CTS LLT, but I was sure that the Camaros would have tons of options. Turns out they did and I'm wondering if anyone's ever tried to fit them into their 3.6L CTS. I'd assume if they don't fit as is, I could do go to a local shop and have them bend to fit. Here's just a few of the header options I've found for reference:

Stainless Works CA10V6HOR: CAMARO V6 2010+ HEADERS | JEGS

Thanks in advance for any info!
There is a common and perpetual tendency to assume anything original equipment as being deficient in performance capabilities. The aftermarket thrives on that assumption in the absence of proof and abundance of hearsay.

You have a true dual exhaust V6 that outflows any previous V6 arrangement GM has offered that I'm aware of. The stock cast iron manifolds are a shorty header design and very well made at that. Given the amount of custom work that would be involved with making the Camaro headers, which are designed around a different catalytic converter arrangement and would therefore be fairly costly to arrange tactfully in order to fit, I believe you would do yourself a better service reworking the exhaust after your existing catalytic converters.

Switching to a single 3" exhaust that joins the converter outlets into 1 pipe and eliminating, or keeping the resonator and choosing a lighter, but appropriate muffler pair, would increase your exhaust flow after the converters by about 10% over the dual 2 1/8" od pipes. You'd loose some pounds and gain some flow, that you do not know for sure you even need at this point and any benefit it offers would not be appreciated at anything much under wide open throttle.

That's from my personal years of experience reading up on and experimenting with the subject. Get rid of your bottle necks starting at the furthest ends first, be it intake, or exhaust. Don't under estimate the stock equipment. Without power boosting mods of the engine, there's less justification for accommodating an assumed deficiency in flow.

Registered
2010 cts wagon 3.6 awd
@Backon4 has headers on his heavily modded '10 AWD wagon. Perhaps he will chime in.
I had some on my LLT before my methanol line popped off and caused a catastrophic failure. Both sides of the headers need to be modified to clear the subframe and the steering shaft on the left side. It was quite a bit of work to get them to work for a gain of 7 whp. More than likely the 7 whp came from losing the cats and not the headers themselves. I still have the headers sitting on my parts shelf out back. They are not pretty by any means but if someone was interested I鈥檇 let them go for $100 plus shipping. Just shoot me a message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
2010 Cadillac CTS Wagon Premium 3.6L AWD
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had some on my LLT before my methanol line popped off and caused a catastrophic failure. Both sides of the headers need to be modified to clear the subframe and the steering shaft on the left side. It was quite a bit of work to get them to work for a gain of 7 whp. More than likely the 7 whp came from losing the cats and not the headers themselves. I still have the headers sitting on my parts shelf out back. They are not pretty by any means but if someone was interested I鈥檇 let them go for $100 plus shipping. Just shoot me a message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All great to know, thanks for the insight. I鈥檓 definitely interested in taking those headers off your hands if you find no use for them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts