Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have read alot about the B&B issues and from what I have heard they have been worked out with the recent redesign. I have their x pipe exhaust and can't hold off any longer on headers and cats. I want a system that comes with lead pipes and will bolt right up to my B&B exhaust

What are my options: B&B, SW, TPIS, kooks not out yet (don't want to wait)?

Where should I buy and thanks for any input

·
Registered
325 Posts
I also have the B&B XPIPE cat back. I just recently got their headers. See this posting.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56252

I hope to install them this weekend.

The newly designed headers come with long tube headers, and they replace the front sections of the cat back exhaust with a two piece section that has a cat and a resonator. They also include a pipe so you can run without cats at the track. I also had them leave out the resonator on mine.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V R.I.P.
1,234 Posts
DansCTSV said:
I also have the B&B XPIPE cat back. I just recently got their headers. See this posting.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56252

I hope to install them this weekend.

The newly designed headers come with long tube headers, and they replace the front sections of the cat back exhaust with a two piece section that has a cat and a resonator. They also include a pipe so you can run without cats at the track. I also had them leave out the resonator on mine.
I just received my headers today and I also requested to remove the resonators off mine but I don't know if they did.
Here are some pics you can check out whether or not they did. So what are you guy are going to do about the smog tests?

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
The resonators don't have anything to do with emissions. I plan to get a StealthV tune that will turn off the rear O2's. Then I can switch back and forth between the cats and the test pipes. If I see that there is a power difference then I will likely just run the cats for emmisions every other year in April and run the test pipes the rest of the time.

And Black Beast, you definately don't have the resonators. They would be in the second half of the front sections. They would bulge out like the cats do. If you search for HDMLNIUM's post he has pictures of the pipes with the resonators.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V R.I.P.
1,234 Posts
DansCTSV said:
And Black Beast, you definately don't have the resonators. They would be in the second half of the front sections. They would bulge out like the cats do. If you search for HDMLNIUM's post he has pictures of the pipes with the resonators.
I just checked out his thread and noticed the difference.

heavymetals said:
SMOG TESTS?

Well here in Calif. I don't have to worry about it for 5 years on a new car.

So around 2010 I guess I have to do something.
o thank god! I was thinking it was every 2 years.
Since my car has california plates.

·
Registered
none
864 Posts
Get those headers on. A lot of power to be felt. I believe the best mod for the $$$$$! You'll love it!
Low end torque= more noticable power.
High end Power= More noticable power

1 - 11 of 11 Posts