Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
06 Cadillac STS
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several sets of seat covers. I tried using them on the passenger seat of my STS, and they won't fit with the head rest on. I can't seem to remove the head rest, and the owner's manual doesn't address it. Anyone ever remove one?

The covers fit my other vehicles once I remove the head rest.

·
Registered
Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS
536 Posts
I guess I have to ask the obvious question as to why you would ever want to cover up the STS seats? They are very nice and I can't imagine any seat cover ever looking very good in comparison.

I understand it is a matter of personal taste, but you bought a very expensive and very nice car, so why not just enjoy those high end seats? You paid for 'em. :)

·
Registered
06 Cadillac STS
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I have to ask the obvious question as to why you would ever want to cover up the STS seats? They are very nice and I can't imagine any seat cover ever looking very good in comparison.

I understand it is a matter of personal taste, but you bought a very expensive and very nice car, so why not just enjoy those high end seats? You paid for 'em. :)
I have 2 small dogs. When I take them on a road trip and the wife isn't with me I like to cover the passenger seat. Keeps them from scratching the leather, plus they don't slide around as much.

·
Registered
Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS
536 Posts
Gotcha. I know what you mean. That makes sense I've got a couple of Chows myself. They're usually relegated to the pickup which has cloth seats, but they have the same problem with sliding around when they ride in my partner's DTS which has full leather seats. My STS-V has the standard V suede inserts, so they don't have much of a problem with traction on that.

·
Registered
07 STS
12 Posts
Pull the headrest all the way up and then take a small nail like a brad, and insert it in the base where there is a small hole. At the same time, push in the nail and the other lever while pulling up on the head rest.

·
Registered
06 Cadillac STS
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pull the headrest all the way up and then take a small nail like a brad, and insert it in the base where there is a small hole. At the same time, push in the nail and the other lever while pulling up on the head rest.
Just tried that and it works. Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2008 CTS
1,192 Posts
My dog is a terrible passenger, He's a yorkie and opens all the windows and turns on the flashers by walking all over the car. Last trip was 75 miles up NY State Thruway. Pulling into the driveway at my destination he puked down the side of the seat all in the adjustment track. Good dog.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
My Bichon Frise was a great passenger for 359 miles and then barfed in the back seat while I pulled into the driveway at home.

·
Registered
06 Cadillac STS
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a Bichon too, and he's great in the car. Our Miniature Poodle is a pain in the azz though--have to sedate him before taking trips over 50 miles.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
My dog is a terrible passenger, He's a yorkie and opens all the windows and turns on the flashers by walking all over the car. Last trip was 75 miles up NY State Thruway. Pulling into the driveway at my destination he puked down the side of the seat all in the adjustment track. Good dog.
Lucky it was not a 150 lb mastiff.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts