Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 88 deville my lights work its just the dills on the hood that you look at to see if they are working are not. How to i run the opitcal lines one side works but the driver side dose not. I was hoping some one had a problem like this cause i do not want to take my car up and pay a butt load for labor on something this small.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Has that part of the car ever been repainted? I've seen some where they went over those lights. All 3 of them don't work? I was going to say that if it's just one that maybe it's gotten unplugged but with all 3 it's probably up in the fender itself. Crawl under there and see if you can see where they connect or how hard it would be to get up in there.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
That usually happens when some dummie does a fender or headlamp capsule R&R and doesn't feel like running the fiber optic lines. It's also quite common to have them painted over. I've even seen them taped over by the body shop and then painted over but then they forget to remove the tape. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Sorry I didn't read your post I was looking at your avitar...

Ok now I read it. On my old 75 Deville that was repainted, they did paint right over them. But it does seem like something was done that disconnected the fiber optic lines on yours, if they were painted over it would be noticable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts