Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is why, for me at least... the enclosures for my lights do not let moisture in and they are not fogged. The low beams are just weak, with OEM halogen bulbs or new replacement bulbs.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Lux
338 Posts
Here is why, for me at least... the enclosures for my lights do not let moisture in and they are not fogged. The low beams are just weak, with OEM halogen bulbs or new replacement bulbs.
Exactly my case. Sylvania Ultra's did nothing. LEDs worked much better for me and I used the $40 version.

·
Registered
12 Posts
David,

Thank you. Interesting how people with similar problems travel similar paths. I too tried the Sylvania Ultra's with poor results. I am now using HOLOON H11 Led Headlight Bulb, 12000LM Lumileds Chips Extremely Bright H8 H9 Car Led Headlight Bulbs All-in-One Conversion Kit. This is better but still not the kind of illumination I am looking for. Questions for you:

What exactly are you using?
Did you install them or have them installed?
If you installed them, did you remove the front bumper or remove the air box and install them from the engine compartment?

I am now having a slight issue with electronics where my door locks are sometimes acting strangely and my radio sometimes stays on longer than it should once the car is turned off. Have you had that issue since changing to LED's?

Is there a way to adjust and point these LED headlights?

Thanks,

Michael

·
Registered
2014 SRX Lux
338 Posts
I did them myself and they were plug and play. I left the bumper in place and removed the air box on the right and the fuse block on the left.
Your electrical gremlins sound consistent with the SRX. Many on this forum have weird issues as you're discribing.
When installed the pattern lined up perfectly with the old halogen pattern so no adjusting was necessary.
After reading more on LEDs, if I were to do it again I'd pay a little more for the LEDs with a separate driver as these are reviewed more highly by the smart guys.

These are the lights I installed. They do make a $60 version with a separate driver.

Guys on the Ram Forum rave about Cougar LEDs at a similar price point.

Honestly, while these are much better than the old halogens I still think we should have better lighting on low beams. We don't drive much at night so for our purposes they are more than adequate. Or maybe I don't see as well anymore. Ha! My wife is younger and never complained.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the information. You installed them as I did. Painful but doable. I took my 2014 Cadillac SRX Luxury to Austin Texas to visit relatives shortly after I purchased it used from a friend. Few lights in many places there, long distances, pitch black at night and deer crossing roads. Very bad. Hit a blowing snow storm in New Mexico in early morning on way home to Las Vegas. With the OEM lights, that was difficult and scary. I changed from halogen to LED when I got home, but I am still not satisfied, and I most certainly, at 67 don't see as well at night as I used to. My 2013 VW Touareg with HID lights that follow terrain are fantastic at night. Should have taken that vehicle to Texas!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dear Mr. Casler,

Thank you for contacting Cadillac Customer Care with regards to the headlamps on your luxury 2014 Cadillac SRX. Your safety is our top priority, and Cadillac welcomes the opportunity to assist you with obtaining a proper resolution to your concern.

By now you should have received a letter in the mail from Analytics Consulting LLC regarding the headlamps in your Cadillac SRX 2010-2015. If you have not received a letter, please call Analytics Consulting LLC at 888-305-1605 for assistance.

Please note that this is not a recall, and it is required that all steps in the letter are followed exactly as they are written. Cadillac will not be able to modify or change any part of this process. Here is a highlight of those steps:

• Have your vehicle diagnosed by a Cadillac Dealership. You can opt to have the headlamps replaced regardless of the diagnosis.

• You must initially pay for the repair. May 28,2020 is the deadline for submitting a Claim Form and Release along with the repair order from the dealer, as outlined in the letter.

• GM is reimbursing up to $800 per lamp, $1600 for a pair of lamps.

• If you believe you incurred reasonable charges in excess of $800 per lamp, please submit a written request, documentation of your expenses, the Claim Form and Release by May 28,2020.

• If you have previously paid for any of the SRX headlamp issues outlined in your letter please complete, sign and return the Claim Form and Release and include supporting documentation showing the amount of your out of pocket replacement costs.

• Reimbursement is expected by August 1, 2020.

We hope this clears up any questions you had pertaining to this settlement, if not, Cadillac invites you to reach out to Analytics Consulting LLC at 888-305-1605.

Thank you for allowing the Cadillac Customer Care Team to assist you, and we thank you again for being a part of the Cadillac family.

Sincerely,

Cadillac Customer Care

21 - 28 of 28 Posts