Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently received this ill written letter from Cadillac regarding the reimbursement of whatever. Do not waste your time and money, get aftermarket head lamp assemblies that will put the dealership parts to shame at fraction of the price. When I pay thousands of dollars for a luxury vehicle I demand performance and satisfaction. Cadillac needs to do the right thing and do a mandatory recall of the Srx replace the defective headlamps to include labor at no cost to the customer. I see a lot of loyal Cadillac customers to include myself leaving and looking at other models such as Lexus, Mercedes and Bmw.
The customer service and satisfaction of these dealerships are second to none as they know how to take great care of the customer!

·
Registered
2012 SRX4 Premium
240 Posts
I got a rather different headlight letter. It basically said if I want new headlights I can have them. They will reimburse the money up to $1600 along with any diagnostic fees. Sounds OK to me. My headlights work fine though. I've always had great luck with Cadillacs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is my experience. Bought a 2014 SRX with 29,000 miles on it from a friend of mine. Noticed dim headlights (low beams). Purchased high quality Sylvania Halogen bulbs and installed them. Better but still dim. Bought a pair of STK LED bulbs with adapter kit and installed them. Better but still not HID brightness. Got a letter from GM offering to replace the headlights. Called my dealer and asked what they would do if I brought it in. Was told they would replace the bulbs with OEM bulbs. I already tried that with better bulbs. This is a publicity stunt, not a repair.

A $ 50,000 + Cadillac should have been fitted with HID, as are the top model SRX's (I have the Luxury version). The headlight enclosure is poorly designed which allows moisture to enter, which degrades the lens and bulbs over time. Halogen lights have a shorter lifespan to begin with and this makes it worse. Cadillac should replace the halogen lights with HID. My 2013 VW Touareg has HID lights which are awesome. Shame on Cadillac and GM. .

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
694 Posts
This is a publicity stunt, not a repair.
A $ 50,000 + Cadillac should have been fitted with HID, as are the top model SRX's (I have the Luxury version). The headlight enclosure is poorly designed which allows moisture to enter, which degrades the lens and bulbs over time. Halogen lights have a shorter lifespan to begin with and this makes it worse. Cadillac should replace the halogen lights with HID. My 2013 VW Touareg has HID lights which are awesome. Shame on Cadillac and GM. .
I agree that ALL Cadillacs should have HID's, but people do complain when it comes time to replace them. But the fact is there are 2 models above the Luxury model(performance and Premium) both have HID's, the Base and the Luxury don't.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think we agree that a $ 50,000 luxury car should have HID headlights. The real issue is the headlight enclosure Is flawed and let’s in too much moisture. That should be fixed or replaced

·
Registered
SRX Performance
34 Posts
Headlights seem to be a recurring problem with some Cadillacs. If you read up on the XLR you'll see GM stopped replacing and offering replacements for the headlights. Old ones can be bought on EBay for upwards of $2,000! That's what kept me from buying a XLR-V. Awesome car but no replacement parts. Hope that doesn't happen here with our SRX.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Clearly GM understands they have a headlight issue. Sadly, they seem to want to address the Issue with PR and not a real solution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a rather different headlight letter. It basically said if I want new headlights I can have them. They will reimburse the money up to $1600 along with any diagnostic fees. Sounds OK to me. My headlights work fine though. I've always had great luck with Cadillacs.
Hi-

Can you send me a copy of the letter? I received the same letter but unfortunately threw it away.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,254 Posts
Hi-

Can you send me a copy of the letter? I received the same letter but unfortunately threw it away.
Welcome to the forums! If HoosierCaddy wants to send you a copy of the letter, please use the private message (Conversations) function to exchange emails. Please don't post your email address on the public forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Katielee,

Please find below the email I received from Cadillac regarding the poor low beam headlights on my 2014 Cadillac SRX Luxury. There are two issues with the headlights on these cars. 1) on some cars, the enclosures for the lights let moisture in that fogs the enclosure. I do not have that issue... yet. 2) The light output of the halogen OEM bulbs that come with the car is inadequate to provide proper illumination of the road ahead. GM is well aware of both issues. In some cases they will cover replacement of leaking light enclosures. The problem with that is the new enclosures may eventually have the same problem and you still have an inadequate bulb for low beams. GM will do 'zero' about the issue of inadequate light output from the OEM halogen bulbs. I switched to more powerful LED type bulbs and installed them myself. That helped but the low beams are still too dim and that makes the car hard to dive at night unless you use high beams, which pisses off other drivers. A recently available alternative are kits that convert these headlights to HID (what the higher trim level SRX's come with). These are about $ 150 and are a pain to install, but I will probably bite the bullet and get them. This is on GM and they should issue a recall and fix this safety issue, but so far, nothing.

Thanks,

Michael

Dear Mr. Casler,

Thank you for contacting Cadillac Customer Care with regards to the headlamps on your luxury 2014 Cadillac SRX. Your safety is our top priority, and Cadillac welcomes the opportunity to assist you with obtaining a proper resolution to your concern.

By now you should have received a letter in the mail from Analytics Consulting LLC regarding the headlamps in your Cadillac SRX 2010-2015. If you have not received a letter, please call Analytics Consulting LLC at 888-305-1605 for assistance.

Please note that this is not a recall, and it is required that all steps in the letter are followed exactly as they are written. Cadillac will not be able to modify or change any part of this process. Here is a highlight of those steps:

• Have your vehicle diagnosed by a Cadillac Dealership. You can opt to have the headlamps replaced regardless of the diagnosis.

• You must initially pay for the repair. May 28,2020 is the deadline for submitting a Claim Form and Release along with the repair order from the dealer, as outlined in the letter.

• GM is reimbursing up to $800 per lamp, $1600 for a pair of lamps.

• If you believe you incurred reasonable charges in excess of $800 per lamp, please submit a written request, documentation of your expenses, the Claim Form and Release by May 28,2020.

• If you have previously paid for any of the SRX headlamp issues outlined in your letter please complete, sign and return the Claim Form and Release and include supporting documentation showing the amount of your out of pocket replacement costs.

• Reimbursement is expected by August 1, 2020.

We hope this clears up any questions you had pertaining to this settlement, if not, Cadillac invites you to reach out to Analytics Consulting LLC at 888-305-1605.

Thank you for allowing the Cadillac Customer Care Team to assist you, and we thank you again for being a part of the Cadillac family.

Sincerely,

Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2015 SRX LUX 2014 CTS LUX Phantom Grey (previously 2008 STS)
1,965 Posts
They must have fixed them during the 2015 MY. My headlights are perfectly adequate

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe the 2015 SRX Base and Luxury came with the same halogen low beam headlights as my 2014 SRX Luxury. If so, I am puzzled as to why you believe they provide good illumination. Maybe you are young.

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
694 Posts
I don't know anyone would buy a modern 2005 and up luxury car without HID's.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Luxury
413 Posts
People test drive these cars during the daylight hours. They maybe own the car for 2 months before they drive it at night. Then they say "wow these headlights suck". Too late to return the used car or new car to the dealer. Now we are all stuck with them this way unless you put HIDS in them.

And that's exactly how it went for me. I got my HIDS from Diode Dynamics. Well worth the effort to put them in and the $125 (T-giving special). Took me a few hours and some putting up with the wife bitching about taking the front bumper off the car. And it has worked fine with them under the 3 year warranty they offer and it's been almost 4 years now.

Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not young 77 yrs old
Well, I say good for you. I am 67 and I have a 2013 VW Touareg with HID headlights, which are awesome. And I have a 2014 Cadillac SRX Luxury with halogen headlights, which are terrible. If you read these forums at all, you can see that thousands of Cadillac SRX owners complain about the lousy headlights, so I know I am far from alone in this. Seems like you are the outlier here, so good for you.

·
Registered
2015 SRX LUX 2014 CTS LUX Phantom Grey (previously 2008 STS)
1,965 Posts
Thousands. I doubt it. Those that have no problem don't post skippy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Skippy. Really? and you are 77. In my opinion you need to grow up. My name is Michael and it is in the letter I posted to the forum. If you are going to address me, please just us my name. If your aim is to attempt to denigrate or 'try' to be funny, just remain quiet instead. I won't quibble about the numbers but it seems to be more than a few that have problems with the lights.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Luxury
413 Posts
I'll add to this. When I've walked through any parking lot with SRX's in them and looked at the headlights, most of them have been fogged. Sure, there's lots of people who haven't cared to figure this out and no dealer is going to tell them about it. Hence why there should be a recall. IMO of course.

Steve

1 - 20 of 28 Posts