Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today My buddy Bob ('93 STS Northstar ) decided to race me ('91 Seville 4.9) I took him bad off the line. Then he caught me and pulled me but not by as much as I would have thought. There is a substantial weight difference between these two cars. (Mine is much lighter) Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
The Northstar is definately the clear winner on paper but that doesn't always mean much on the street. He should've beat you and he did. Doesn't mean you couldn't get him one day though. A fresh tune-up on yours vs. his without the fresh tune and maybe it's different. Maybe you put on a K&N cold-air inlet and some free-flowing exhaust, he's dust dude!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, Kinda the way my train of thought was headed. I like his car and we trade tips and such but this was the first balls out standing start race. Needless to say we were both suprised at the outcome. The 4.9 is strong motor and feels like it makes more than 200 ponies. But the Northstar is much better as far as performance goes. He's not a computer kind of guy but I'm working on it. He's looked at this site over my shoulder and at caddyinfo.com as well and was very interested....But he's one of those people who says he sees nothing of any real value on the net.......Go Figure!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, Go figure. And Ya' know what? Every time he's got a problem He's on the phone to me saying....Hey Man, Can you check on your computer to find out how to fix my car?? Once I told him that he should just "Buy a manual" 'Cause There's nothing of value on the computer! He didn't say anything for a second......Yes, He's aware of the fact that I'm a wiseass!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
BeelzeBob