Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'09 Black Ice CTS4 DI...'07 Black Raven CTS Sport(previous)
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

When I start up my car and press the HDD button to listen to music stored on my hard drive, about 5-10% of the time I will get a "HDD not available during initialization" message.

I can listen to XM, AM/FM but the HDD will not work unless I turn off the car and restart it.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it a quick fix on the dealer's end?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
09 CTS4 DI
27 Posts
I have the same problem. I also have a 09 CTS4 DI, but mines Raven Black :). I've got the HDD radio, but not the Nav. I asked the dealer to look at it in Febuary when I had it in for a recall, but they couldn't find anything and didn't have a firware update for the radio. The car was built in July/Aug.

It does seem to me to be related to my using my ipod. I've got a 2nd gen Nano I use often. It seems like if I just go right to the HDD it works, but sometimes switching between the ipod and HDD I get this error and have to restart the car to use the HDD. I've been useing the ipod mostly these days, so I haven't been actively trying to track this down.

·
Registered
'09 Black Ice CTS4 DI...'07 Black Raven CTS Sport(previous)
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, mine is also without navigation too. It has never happened while the car is already on...only during startup and I don't have an iPod plugged into it.

When I get my oil change in a few months I will mention it to them...hopefully they can fix it.

·
Registered
2019 XT5
337 Posts
Yeah, mine is also without navigation too. It has never happened while the car is already on...only during startup and I don't have an iPod plugged into it.
Same here. This is getting a little weird. I never had this problem until today after reading this thread. Then it happened twice while running errands. My '09 was also built in August.

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD - Thunder Gray
9 Posts
I haven't had this problem, but I have had an issue where the screen gets 'stuck' on the Cadillac logo when I start the vehicle. It will play the current MP3 song in my playlist, but you have no control over anything. On two other occasions while everything was up and running, out of the blue, the screen started playing the 'startup video' of the Cadillac logo scrolling into view, but then got stuck on the Cadillac logo, but like in the other instance, the music kept playing. I could switch to XM or Radio, (but not NAV), and hear the sound, but the screen remained stuck on the logo.

All 3 times it has happened to me, after about 1-2 minutes, the entire system "reboots" itself and then it seems to be fine.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-4 DI
5 Posts
mine too. I have an 09 without the nav since almost day 1, yup 5-10% of the time. simple restart resets it
I have never thought to ask dealer to look at it, then would end up likely effing it up worse though, so good thing I didn't.
I've just learned to live with it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts