Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Deville
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, well i have had this book for a few weeks now, and it has helped out with a lot of work. I would recommend you all go out and buy the same. On the other hand, i am sure some of you could use just a bit of information out of it, for whatever your working on. I know i do not have $23 to go spend on a book every time i need to fix something

As my way of saying thanks for all the help i got from this forum, if any of you need some info out of this book then just ask.

Deville (1994-2005)
Seville (1992-2004)

Respond to to this thread. Or email me at [email protected]
More than likely i will check my mail a lot more than this post, so that is your best bet.

Once i find my camera cable i plan to upload the book via photobucket or something within the next week or so.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,112 Posts
It is good that you have gotten help out of this book, but Haynes and Chiltons are generally considered useless for all but the most basic of repairs. Your money would be much better spent on a FSM by Helm Inc. You can probably find one pretty cheap on Ebay and you will be amazed at the amount of information in it. Even at full price new ($135) it would pay for itself with the first repair.

·
Registered
1996 Deville
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is good that you have gotten help out of this book, but Haynes and Chiltons are generally considered useless for all but the most basic of repairs. Your money would be much better spent on a FSM by Helm Inc. You can probably find one pretty cheap on Ebay and you will be amazed at the amount of information in it. Even at full price new ($135) it would pay for itself with the first repair.
Yea i kinda got that feeling when replacing my Alternator this week using the book. It says nothing about "hey when your taking out the radiator be careful that the ac lines run into the radiator and when you loosen them up things happen that may catch you off guard" such as an explosive decompression and some dangerous tasting chemical that goes flying all over the place. The pressure tor open the skin on my hand.

But i figured it may be able to help some of these guys looking for basic help on some stuff.

·
Registered
1992 Sedan Deville, 1984 Lincoln Town Car
759 Posts
LOL! notice it wasn't much help with your "Short of battery" either. Go to Ebay get the REAL thing for your year vehicle at about same price Haynes cost u. only it's about 4 inches thick with every detail you could imagine for servicing your car. That is if you plan on keeping your Cadillac.

·
Registered
1996 Deville
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL! notice it wasn't much help with your "Short of battery" either. Go to Ebay get the REAL thing for your year vehicle at about same price Haynes cost u. only it's about 4 inches thick with every detail you could imagine for servicing your car. That is if you plan on keeping your Cadillac.
lol, no it was not much help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts