Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been continually suprised by the new 'Vettes and how slow they are....I mean they're not bad but they definetly AIN'T all that! I've beat a lot of them on my Harley!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Im sure power to weight on you scooter makes a difference :D

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
101 h.p. 857 lbs with me on it. The 'Vette guy always get pissed off when I sac 'em.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I bet, it hurts their pride because they spent too much money to not go fast enough

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do they need brakes?........I mean bein' that slow and all...LOL!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I Totally agree about the HAYABUSA, I think they're great bikes! I'm just laughing 'cause all the 'Vette guys think their cars are so fast!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I'd probally have a heart attack after ridin a Hayabusa thats if i don't die on the bike

Attachments

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AH! DEAD, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH HORSEPWER!!!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
haha
500hp under 1000lb with rider sounds kinda dangerous

irc it was a regular hayabusa bored out to 1500cc with internal work and a turbo of course dynoed at little bit over 500.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll take it! I have always been a speed demon. horsepower and torque are my best friends!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
ahh I know very much there is never too much HP. but if im goina have that kinda of power I want 4 wheels :D

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
i love speed much as the next guy but i think over 500hp on a bike sounds little bit too much for me. Shoot i don't think viper rt10 powered bike has any chance against the turbo busa.

BTW my 200th post

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
that V10 has some balls but witrh the weight it takes a hit compared to the hayabusa

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
stock busa hits top speeds of over 190 and finishes 1/4mi under 10sec. Now if the power increased more than 2x without much noticeable weight increase that is amazing. Imagine what it is capable of.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
capable of scaring the living crap out of me :D

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Actually, a freind of mine runs a worked, turbo-Hayabusa, with nitrous at Atco dragway. The problem is that as pointed out earlier here, you CAN have TOO MUCH power. The ability to directly translate the extra power into lower E/T's is the secret.
He has three drag bikes, two Hayabusa's and a GSX-R bored to 1500cc. Two with nitrous, one with turbo. The bikes run high 8's to low 10's depending on the weather and track prep. Bikes are very hard to hook-up and get a clean run (especially with stock frames and only extended swing arms). So yeah, I think it's easy to have TOO much power.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I Said, there was no such thing as too much hp....I didn't say there was no such thing as too much for the application! But it would still be a lot of fun to play with. I do agree with you Katshot about it being very difficult to hook up but I've always liked over the top toys!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts