Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
All of them
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have the Hawk HPS brake pads in stock for the STS-V. this is a nice performance pad with VERY LOW DUST. fronts are $107.50 rears are $96.00 plus shipping. call, pm or email me to place an order. thanks!

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
call made this morning, thanks for the help, Luke!....looking forward to the low dust brakes. BTW, I had these on my CTS-V....fantastic pads! Cant say enough good things about em.

F

·
Registered
STS-V
393 Posts
F
Question for you, since you had them on the CTS-V. Do you need the slotted or dimpled rotors, or can you mount these against the stock rotors? Dealer is a bit squeamish about putting them against the OEMs. Says they might warp the rotor or produce undue wear, which they wouldn't warranty. Not that rotor wear is EVER covered under warranty; just warp due to an existing factory condition.

Bob

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
F
Question for you, since you had them on the CTS-V. Do you need the slotted or dimpled rotors, or can you mount these against the stock rotors? Dealer is a bit squeamish about putting them against the OEMs. Says they might warp the rotor or produce undue wear, which they wouldn't warranty. Not that rotor wear is EVER covered under warranty; just warp due to an existing factory condition.

Bob
Bob,

Thats BS...my dealer had no issue putting em on OR warranty-ing the rotors (I did have 1 bad one after about 50K miles...replaced under wty). They dont need slotted/dimpled rotors....sheesh. You need a new dealer.

F

·
Registered
STS-V
393 Posts
Dealer is OK. He has been spot-on for the last 6 years and very honest. New kid was filling in at the service desk, and I admit I haven't discussed it yet with my regular guy. I will be stopping by later this week to find out if they ever got my lug and nut in stock, so I will ask him then. Just being pads, I was actually going to shop around to see who has the best deal on them here in Chicago. Changing pads and a quick surfacing of the rotors can't be that tough! Thanks for the input - pretty much what I hoped to hear.

Bob

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Some on the CTS-V board say the Hawks don't stop as well. Theory is they are harder pads (thus the less dust) and so they have less stopping power.

I never had em, so I'm must rehashing info I read on the CTS-V board.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
not true....I had em on my CTS-V...they are just as good, if not better at stopping....

F

·
Registered
56 Posts
Luke,

Thanks for the pads, just finished installing them, they are great.

I also have had them on my CTS-V for 15,000+ miles and they stop great.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
819 Posts
Not to bring up an old thread, but I just ordered these from Luke and have nothing but great things to say about Lindsay's service! Second to none.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
819 Posts
Funny thing was someone was in my office when I e-mailed Luke and I said, "I bet I get a reply within 5 minutes." And guess what? I did! And, I got an e-mail with tracking information this afternoon. Unbelievable! So easy, yet so few conduct businesss this way.

My dealer gave me some guff about bringing the pads because he said he can't warranty them if they are not OEM, but I really don't think that should be an issue. And, the only reason I'm taking it to the dealer (even though LittleElvisDan offerred to put them on for me-Thanks!) is that I have a little grinding noise and may need the rotors turned.....

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
My dealership installed the pads with no guff for 40.00 extra when I had the cross drilled rotors put on the front.

But I would ask your dealership, since when did they start offering a warranty on brake pads ? They should warranty their work, but not the pads themselves.

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 08 STS-V, 14 Raptor, 12 Camaro SS, 08 FJ
1,777 Posts
Funny thing was someone was in my office when I e-mailed Luke and I said, "I bet I get a reply within 5 minutes." And guess what? I did! And, I got an e-mail with tracking information this afternoon. Unbelievable! So easy, yet so few conduct businesss this way.

My dealer gave me some guff about bringing the pads because he said he can't warranty them if they are not OEM, but I really don't think that should be an issue. And, the only reason I'm taking it to the dealer (even though LittleElvisDan offerred to put them on for me-Thanks!) is that I have a little grinding noise and may need the rotors turned.....
I'll put them on. Besides Hennesy in Gwinnett Place will put on Hawks no problem

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
819 Posts
I'll put them on. Besides Hennesy in Gwinnett Place will put on Hawks no problem
The pads are supposed to be in tomorrow and I have an appointment on Friday. If there is any problem, I'll just walk and go to Hennessey if need be. By the way, any idea how much it should cost just to have the pads put on? And how much more if the rotors need to be resurfaced? Or do they always need to be resurfaced when you put on new pads? I have 29k miles and this is the first brake change.

·
Registered
STS-V
86 Posts
I am paying 150/axle to have dealer install and resurface rotors. I was told that you should always resurface for pad change. I couldn't find anyone else to do install. I was told pep boys would do it, waited 90 mins a told they wouldn't. A fair price would be 150/axle.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts