Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a search on the web for the HP Plus. I typed in the part number with no dot and pulled the pads up at Amazon for $122.40 free shipping. A few left, just in case it helps anyone out.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,008 Posts
Doing a search on the web for the HP Plus. I typed in the part number with no dot and pulled the pads up at Amazon for $122.40 free shipping. A few left, just in case it helps anyone out.
I've had $168 sitting in Amazon.com for two years now, and I can always find what I want cheaper somewhere else.

Did you try Luke?

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
I paid about $150 for the fronts, just for the part. Thought it was crazy that I paid $250 for aftermarket pads. They do work REAL good though.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Are these the ones that have limited or reduced brake dust?

Cowan

·
Registered
CTS-V
572 Posts
HPS are less dust but almost stock stoppiing.

HP+ are same dust but more stopping power. May squeak at slow speeds a little.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes Hawk HPS is less dust and HP Plus is more dust but stopping power is better. I don't know yet since I just bought HP Plus for the front from Amazon and HPS from Luke and have yet to install them since I can't decide what rotors I want. I like these OC Autosports Cliffhangers, but I am still researching their reviews. Any suggestions would be welcome, but I'll keep searching. This is the site
Amazon.com: Hawk HB453N585 HP Plus Brake Pad: Automotive

Pics and description are of the HPS pads, BUT the price and part numbers are correct and I know you will receive the PLUS's since I did

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Yes Hawk HPS is less dust and HP Plus is more dust but stopping power is better. I don't know yet since I just bought HP Plus for the front from Amazon and HPS from Luke and have yet to install them since I can't decide what rotors I want. I like these OC Autosports Cliffhangers, but I am still researching their reviews. Any suggestions would be welcome, but I'll keep searching. This is the site
Amazon.com: Hawk HB453N585 HP Plus Brake Pad: Automotive

Pics and description are of the HPS pads, BUT the price and part numbers are correct and I know you will receive the PLUS's since I did
Hey el_bandido,

Nice post, thanks for showing us all this great deal. I will be placing an order today.

I have the OC Autosport Rotors that you were referring to and have not yet installed them, so I can't give any reviews (I will after I use them for a few weeks)...but I was very pleased with the quality of the rotors and the company seems to know enough about the V to make sure these rotors are correctly sized. I measured mine after receiving them and they appear to be the right size. Also, the left and right sides are mirror images of one another (unlike the GM cross-drilled rotors) so they will look right no matter what side of the vehicle you are looking at.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Oops, double post...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts