Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 cts
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just recently bought a 2003 cts about a week ago. Love the car but just one problem, it won't start! Started having this problem 2 days ago. Parked the car for about a hour then got in it to start it and all it wanted to do is make a clicking sound. Like if the battery was dead. All the lights and radio were working.So I just went to bed and woke up 6 hours later to see if the car would start and it did. Now the same thing happened today. Right now it's 3:30 in the morning so can't get anyone to give me a jump to see if it's a dead battery. So if anyone knows what could be the problem besides a dead battery it'd be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
2,339 Posts
my issues with my 03 when not starting was either the CPS or a bad battery. 03's are notorious for crank position sensors. The starter will just cycle and cycle, but never start. the battery issue was just a clicking sound. my first thoughts on the clicking sound was the starter or starter relay. I changed them both but it all ended up being the battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts