Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Cadillac Deville [Sedan]
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just bought a 96 deville sedan and i cannot find any diagrams to hook up wires for it. ive already noticed all the random wires like the wondows wire is a thick orange and there is a 'devil wire' i call it. when u touch it to the grounds the car just slowly dies. i have also noticed that there are like 3 grounds. i dont understand why everythingis ran through the radio but i just want my system to work... if anyone knows anything about this please help me.:canttalk:

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Seville SLS
1,299 Posts
So i just bought a 96 deville sedan and i cannot find any diagrams to hook up wires for it. ive already noticed all the random wires like the wondows wire is a thick orange and there is a 'devil wire' i call it. when u touch it to the grounds the car just slowly dies. i have also noticed that there are like 3 grounds. i dont understand why everythingis ran through the radio but i just want my system to work... if anyone knows anything about this please help me.:canttalk:
This would be better in the Deville forum and Welcome! Why do girls always have to put chick in there name?

-Not Wes

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
This would be better in the Deville forum and Welcome! Why do girls always have to put chick in there name?

-Not Wes
I don't know Cadillac Dude03, why do you ask?
-talismanguy

Oh...and welcome to the forum!:welcome5:

Don't mind the peanut gallery, we are generally harmless.
On a serious note, isn't there an audio thread somewhere here?

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,250 Posts

-Not Wes
-----------------------------
Why do girls always have to put chick in there name?
where does it say this is a girl?

it COULD be a guy looking for a faster response -

----------

-------------------------
i dont understand why everythingis ran through the radio
but i just want my system to work...
if anyone knows anything about this please help me

you just stumbled on a very important fact -
EVERYTHING GOES THROUGH THE RADIO -
and if you don't do it right - the car could go into THEFT MODE -
and it will never run again -

don't take this the wrong way -

you need to take it to a PRO -

and the PRO MUST have experience with Cadillacs -

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
Welcome!

Caddy's can be tricky. Visiting the forum for your car will speed a member to help. For most of us, all the customization and seat memory is programmed through the radio. Aftermarket systems are often augmented with special modules. Sometimes it makes sense to keep the old radio and/or wire it into the system in the trunk!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
Orange And Purple Lights.
6,632 Posts
it COULD be a guy looking for a faster response
Good God, are there really people who think that way these days?

I agree with Basscatt though. If you are uncomfortable doing it yourself. Take it to a professional who has REPUTABLE experience with these cars. The stereo unit on them is known for it's trickiness.

Alternatively, if you are the do-it-yourself type, it really cannot be THAT difficult. No matter what anyone says. It has been done before and speaking realistically, no matter what anyone will try to tell you, car electronics are not that complicated (Really I mean, I remote started a car from 3,000 miles away this one time using only a broken prepaid phone and the relays, wire and zipties that happened to be in my backpack at the time)

However, if you are going to do it yourself, I would suggest you arm yourself with the following.

Proper installation instructions for the head unit as apply to your car (there will usually be different instructions for different applications, as not all cars are the same)

A Factory Service Manual for your EXACT car. Same year, same model.

Lastly, I would ask for any additional assistance from the folks in this section of the Forum, as they should be most experienced with the design of this car. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/

A quick search gave me the first result, which seems relevant to your conundrum. You can find it here:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-audio-video-security-systems/153651-1996-deville-stereo-install.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts