Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2006 CTS V and a few weeks ago it started having an issue where the front left break will lock up while I’m driving pretty much after the front end bounces weather it’s a bump going onto a bridge or something that makes the front end bounce a little. When I press on the brake it stops the brake from locking and it doesn’t happen all the time or immediately after going over something it is slightly delayed and I can sort of feel it about to happen. When I put my foot on the brake I can feel the abs activating but I don’t have any abs light show up on my dash just a check engine light with the codes C0186, C0196, C0146, P0833 most recently after clearing them to narrow down the issue but I have also gotten codes C0253, C0460, C0461 and some others that I think were just history from the previous owner. This car also has a pioneer radio and subs in the back and the battery date is 10/19 if that is relevant most of what I have seen says it is possibly an electric issue. I’d really appreciate if anyone knows anything about this, please comment if you need more information or pictures if I can do that I don’t know this is my first post but thank you!

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,254 Posts
How do you know it's the front left brake locking up?

How is the aftermarket stereo install done? Can you still control Stability Control? Do you get indications of Stability Control activating? (Normally that would pop up on the Nav screen, but if you don't have a Nav screen...)

What do those codes mean?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you know it's the front left brake locking up?

How is the aftermarket stereo install done? Can you still control Stability Control? Do you get indications of Stability Control activating? (Normally that would pop up on the Nav screen, but if you don't have a Nav screen...)

What do those codes mean?
I don’t get any stability control messages and I know it’s the front left because I can hear that tire screeching when it locks and the car dramatically pulls back from that brake when it happens. There are no abs or traction control lights that come off just check engine light and the codes are a lateral accelerometer, yaw rate, and steering rate position sensors and the last one was a clutch pedal b switch and the second grouping were more abs codes. As for the stereo it is bolted on the battery post and has some spliced wires leading behind the battery from one of the electrical harnesses, right now the car is at a Cadillac dealer and they think it has something to do with abs.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,254 Posts
Could be an intermittent break in the wiring to one of the wheel speed sensors. The harness moves / gets jostled when you hit a bump, the system sees a false signal as a result and causes the ABS to kick in.

When I asked about how the stereo is installed, I meant what has been done to the center stack of the dash. With the stock configuration in a V, all your Stability Control messages (when it activates, or when you change the mode or turn it off) comes up on the Nav screen. If you have an aftermarket stereo installed, presumably you no longer have the Nav screen. There are different ways to deal with that.

·
Registered
2014 ELR
200 Posts
I have seen this happen before. The problem ended up being a bad yaw rate sensor.
The sensor will intermittently go full rail telling the vehicle it is spinning clockwise. The ABS applies the left front brake to stop the non existant spin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts