Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'03 CTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I went through the "fun" of replacing the '03's thermostat this past weekend, but now having a small drip in the front of the motor where the rubber tube connects to mass flow air sensor (see picture; circled where the drip initiates, and you can see a drip actually forming below). It is dripping so slowly, have to stare at it awhile. Does anyone have any ideas why? What I am really afraid of is the radiator fluid goes from the mass air flow sensor into that tube that runs under the plenum, and fluid is slightly dripping because the tube is either pinched, or partially pinched; meaning I have to take off the plenum, intake, and all that other stuff to unpinch that tube. Hopefully someone is familiar with what I describe, and has a solution that doesn't involve removing all that stuff, especially since the new thermostat is working great, and replacing it was a royal pain in the rear! Thank you!

IMG_7508 circled.jpg

·
Registered
'03 CTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: The engine got hot driving slowly up a garage (the fans turned on), so the leak becomes obvious, and it seems clear to me that stupid hose running under the plenum is pinched somewhere, hence why the leak. I took the rubber L hose off, and nothing came out of tube, but radiator fluid dripping from air mass flow sensor. The question now is where exactly does the tube go? I was pretty tired when I was putting everything back together, and I do not remember exactly where that tube was either when I was disassembling, or reassembling. So, what I am hoping someone can help me with is where exactly is that tube supposed to go, and does someone have a picture of its proper position? I am going to take care of the problem this weekend. Thank you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts