Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Escalade Platinum
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in Canada and after more than a month of owning my Platinum I get a call from my insurance company asking me to verify the VIN # ?
So I verbally read the VIN # back to them over the phone. Thought everything was fine until insurance company calls again this time asking for a
photo of the VIN plate from the top of the dash. She claims that Wamanesa (my insurance company) has no record of that VIN ?
I have taken a pic of the VIN tag & forwarded it to my agent. A week has passed now & I still haven't heard the outcome.
I'm very curious if anybody else has had any problems with insuring their new Cadillac Escalade? (besides the outrageous deductibles)
Thanks

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
No
my dealer contacted my insurance agent and gave them the VIN.
my insurance company transferred my insurance from minivan to escalade with no problem.

my dealer did the title. I do not know if I get a copy with a lease.
I never even checked if my leased Mercedes has a title.

I do remember buying a TBird in 1960's that I owned and insured in NYC for a number of years and when I moved to MD (to work on the space program and moon landings) the inspection checked that my registration did not match the VIN in my car.
I took my years of NYC registrations to NYC DMV and they gave me a new title and registration. They did not seem to care if it was a mistake or a stolen car or one that was totaled and rebuilt.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
THAT is very strange.... a VIN is a VIN....there are numerous places on the net where you can plug in a V IN ( for free ) and it will tell you basic info on the vehicle....of course Car Fax is the biggie of the bunch but they will charge.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade Platinum
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes my dealer also handled all the paperwork with my insurance company (agent)...
4 weeks later my agent is calling back saying that the VIN isn't coming up in their database. I responded that it could be that the vehicle is brand new & went straight from the assembly line to my dealer then
to my garage all in less than a week ?? Thanks guys, I'd hate to have to pull a carfax already but now i'm curious what is going on. I hope to hear some news this week whether or not they located that
specific VIN #.

·
Registered
2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged
677 Posts
Yes my dealer also handled all the paperwork with my insurance company (agent)...
4 weeks later my agent is calling back saying that the VIN isn't coming up in their database. I responded that it could be that the vehicle is brand new & went straight from the assembly line to my dealer then
to my garage all in less than a week ?? Thanks guys, I'd hate to have to pull a carfax already but now i'm curious what is going on. I hope to hear some news this week whether or not they located that
specific VIN #.
Just as long as you know that it was your actual insurance company that you were talking to. There are so many scams going on out there that you have to be so careful. Good luck.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade Platinum
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just as long as you know that it was your actual insurance company that you were talking to. There are so many scams going on out there that you have to be so careful. Good luck.
Valid point, but in this instance I know my agent very well. We speak often. Thanks :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts