Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my first long roadtrip with my 07 CTS was today. As I'm driving down to southern VA my gas gauge suddenly goes from full to empty... I call on-star and they ran the diagnostic tests and turned up a code. Something about a module in the powertrain not working right. I'm annoyed to say the least!

I'll admit before asking this that I am paranoid but is there any possible way for the dealership to somehow tie this mishap to my rims? I don't want to start fighting warranty issues until I have atleast 2K on her...

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
No, you should be fine. If the system detects a problem with a fuel level sensor, it sends the gauge to empty to force you in for service (it beats letting you get stranded thinking you have more fuel than you really do).

I doubt they'll give you any static about the rims.

·
Registered
03 Caddy CTS
1,028 Posts
Ok so my first long roadtrip with my 07 CTS was today. As I'm driving down to southern VA my gas gauge suddenly goes from full to empty... I call on-star and they ran the diagnostic tests and turned up a code. Something about a module in the powertrain not working right. I'm annoyed to say the least!

I'll admit before asking this that I am paranoid but is there any possible way for the dealership to somehow tie this mishap to my rims? I don't want to start fighting warranty issues until I have atleast 2K on her...
u got 22 's?:tisk:

·
Registered
03 Caddy CTS
1,028 Posts

He dosent have 22's... He said "2k on her", meaning 2,000 miles.
:thepan:

·
Registered
2007 CTS
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love RT. I've always used Moore Cadillac in this area. I have 20's not 22's. The gauge is working fine now... I floored it to merge when I ran out with my lil cousin to pick up some grub to grill and all of a sudden I heard Rachel yelling, "The gas is back!!!" I love that lil girl and my new baby cousin is just beautiful. I spent the last two hours there sleeping on a recliner with her on my belly. Nothing like a good day with family to make you smile.:)

I'm not that concerned about it anymore. Most likely since it's working again when I take it in Monday they will tell me they can't duplicate the issue and that will be that. I have to say that I was very impressed with the use of onstar in assisting me today. They were able to pull the code right away, called Moore to speak to the service department, gave Tim the code, and then set me up an appointment. I didn't have that feature in my Catera since it was only a 2000 and I think it was wonderful.

This was my first road trip in my CTS, 3 hours each way, and it was a great drive. Oh and Robert... I took my cousin out for a spin today and he commented on how SMOOTH the ride was and I'm on a 245X30X20 tire:thumbsup:

Oh and just one more time... RT is a hottie haha :bouncy: . Good night folks!

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
You could have an issue with a fuel sensor or a fuel transfer problems.
20" wheels would not affect the warranty on the fuel tank or components.

I haven't heard of any issues on '07 yet.
The code should indicate where they can start looking.

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp
746 Posts
This is just a heads up.

Todays fuels have too much sulfur in them and it often causes fuel sending units to go nuts...Ie. empty when gas is actually in the tank..

After replacing my fuel sending units my GM tech recommended running some chevron techron in the gas tank every once in awhile.

Its the right way to go because if done the fuel gauge will work correctly..

If you notice this problem again or even if you want to be preventative..

Throw chrevron techron into the gas tank every once in awhile..

I do it every other month some guys do it every oil change..

Good luck

JB

·
Registered
2007 CTS
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I dropped her off this morning. I had a choice for the rental between a CTS and DTS. I took the CTS. It's a base model 2.8... I wanted to cry haha. I want my baby back!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts