Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Ex-CTS owner
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just saw one today... 2010 Chevy Camaro, looks, well, interesting. As we all know many American cars are being remodeled to look like those classic cars (Mustangs, Challengers, Chargers, etc) but this Camaro looks very odd. At the same time, I thought it also looked stunning... Even though I can never see myself driving a muscle car (not because I don't like them), I still thought the car would be pretty cool to own. (MSRP starts at 23k)

·
Registered
Hyundai Elantra
18,816 Posts
I see one everyday :D I live right by Michigan Avenue and I've seen dark gray, red, and white ones. My favorite is black... Soooo sexy :drool:

·
Registered
Tis Gone :(
3,414 Posts
Yes, they are huge, almost as big as a new Challenger and the tail end is almost as ugly as a 2010 Mustang.

D

·
0 Posts
I've seen a black one. Very nice! I'd take one over a Mustang or Challenger.

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
I'd take one over a Mustang or Challenger.

Until you see the 40K MSRP for a loaded 2SS and then get into the uber cheap interior... You can't even get Navigation on the Camaro.. at least the 2010 Mustang offers it now.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
I drove an SS a few months back, and I thought the car was stunning in person. I was a little "meh" on the interior, but it's an impressive car for the money, and my favorite of the new pony cars (followed closely by the Mustang).

·
Registered
'08 DTS Lux III Blk Cherry, '89 Brougham d'Elegance Dip Blue
4,847 Posts
Not yet but dieing to. Got passed by one one night last week. It was too dark so couldn't make out anything other than what it was. There aren't any on any of the Chevy lots around here so I can't go drool...

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
The Mustang is just another Mustang. The Challenger is admittedly a good looking car and sounds great, but doesn't get the job done in the curves. The Camaro is striking and aggressive looking while having body lines that should make the other two blush. I also think the halos in the headlights look awesome. Camaro please...

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
A friend of mine that lives down the street from me bought a black SS without the pod option. Really nice looking in person but it's too quiet for a V-8 with the stock exhaust. I'd take it.

·
Registered
Ex-CTS owner
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Camaro's eyes look very evil, in a good way. It seems to stare to to BMW's Angel Eyes.

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
I saw one at work the other day, I was not impressed.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
The black Camaro pictured is a concept model which is why the halos are red. The production model is white like the BMWs. It really would look mean if there were a way to customize them and turn them different colors.

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,313 Posts
See above posts (for why the 'pony' cars exuded bench racing beyond the ordinary). Make mine Camaro.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
The black Camaro pictured is a concept model which is why the halos are red. The production model is white like the BMWs. It really would look mean if there were a way to customize them and turn them different colors.
Those light pipes (or Halos) are usually just an LED at the end of a tube. I'd bet that it's a pretty easy mod.

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala
1,889 Posts
I've seen five new Camaros, but I wasn't impressed. Mainly because one of them was parked next to a white :)drool:) '09 CTS-V.

Generally I just don't like the pony cars. They're the definition of the stereotypical American car.

If I was in a position to buy a new car, I'd just shell out a little bit more money and get a base Corvette, which is a real sports car. Or I'd just wait till next year and buy an Audi RS5.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts