Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking to lower my 2018 Escalade. I was thinking 2 inches in the front, 4 inches in the rear.
Has anyone done this yet? Did you do the free travel mod of cutting off the oem bump stops that are on the frame?
Looking at going with the Belltech 1019 kit. Hoping this won't affect installing larger wheels 26 to 28 inch.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey guys, I'm looking to lower my 2018 Escalade. I was thinking 2 inches in the front, 4 inches in the rear.
Has anyone done this yet? Did you do the free travel mod of cutting off the oem bump stops that are on the frame?
Looking at going with the Belltech 1019 kit. Hoping this won't affect installing larger wheels 26 to 28 inch.
I just put 26” rims on mine and I’m following cause I wanna put the same 2/4 Belltech on mine. Apparently NorcalSS is the guy for that here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered the kit the other day and had to cancel because the kit was backordered by 45 days. Probably going to order from Amazon. I asked around tire shops and they didn’t seem to want to deal with 28 inch rims. I wonder if they cause problems. Norcalss , I’ve seen their site. I wanted to get eibach sway bars from him.

·
Premium Member
2017 Escalade Premium Luxury Custom
30 Posts
I ordered the kit the other day and had to cancel because the kit was backordered by 45 days. Probably going to order from Amazon. I asked around tire shops and they didn’t seem to want to deal with 28 inch rims. I wonder if they cause problems. Norcalss , I’ve seen their site. I wanted to get eibach sway bars from him.
I have done this. 2” Spindles in front - 3” Spring and 1” Shock extenders in the rear for a 2/4 drop. I recommend the spindles over the springs in the front unless you’re going lower. Spindles will keep the suspension geometry which affects ride quality. You can keep the magride with the 2/4 drop. You will need the ride control sensor bars. If you do spindles in front you don’t need the sensor bars. You don’t need to do a free travel mod with a 2/4 drop. You will need the shorty Belltech bump stops though. With 26” to 28” you will rub in the front for sure. Mostly the wheel well and the sway bar on wide turns.

I’m getting ready to do the 4/6 drop on mine. 2” spindles + 2” springs in the front and 1” drop shackles + ride tech air bags in the rear. I recommend upgrading your rear lower control arms to boxed, upgraded panhard bar, sway bar for sure. You must tune your Escalade with 26” or 28” wheels. And I don’t mean update the wheel size. If you want it to run right it will need the torque maps and peek torque tables updated.

Amazon is your best bet right now for sway bars and kits unless whoever you buy from has it in stock. Major supply chain issues from COVID. I have a wholesale account with Summit and can’t get the sway bars I want.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: Sway Bars, it's a real kick in the you know what right now, because hardly anybody actually stocks inventory these days, just drop shipping. I had ordered a Hotchkis set from an online store and they were backordered until mid-December. Cancelled that and ordered straight from Hotchkis, still haven't even gotten a confirmation email and that was 3-4 days ago.

·
Premium Member
2017 Escalade Premium Luxury Custom
30 Posts
Re: Sway Bars, it's a real kick in the you know what right now, because hardly anybody actually stocks inventory these days, just drop shipping. I had ordered a Hotchkis set from an online store and they were backordered until mid-December. Cancelled that and ordered straight from Hotchkis, still haven't even gotten a confirmation email and that was 3-4 days ago.
Just cancel that. I have been trying to order the Hotchkis set since March. The only thing on the market available for shipping is the Belltech. You can get it on Amazon. They just use that hammered metal coating and it doesn’t look good. The black Hotchkis bars are the best.

FYI the suspension parts for older Escalade, Tahoe, and Yukon’s fit these fine and have been tested. The suspension and frame geometry have been roughly the same for 20 years. Like rear boxed lower control arm, adjustable pan-hard bars, sway-bars, springs, and air springs. I have the boxed lowers and pan-hard bars from the 00-14 models on mine now. Some resale vendors don’t realize that and are blowing out old stock.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What did you order and how much was it? How much to install?
I ordered the Belltech 1019 lowering kit. it was 493.78 plus tax. 3 left on amazon. Shipping from texas. I didn't get a quote for the install. Planning to install myself. There are how to videos on you tube. I would guess in the neighborhood of 800 to 1k to install?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ordered the Belltech 1019 lowering kit. it was 493.78 plus tax. 3 left on amazon. Shipping from texas. I didn't get a quote for the install. Planning to install myself. There are how to videos on you tube. I would guess in the neighborhood of 800 to 1k to install?
By the way, nice wheels! They turned out nice.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey what shop did you go to for the jl audio center console sub and amp. I think I might do the same.
ordered the Stealthbox through crutchfield and got the amp from freeman audio online as well. Had a local shop Install it. Make sure you also get the remote for the amp which is a knob they mount so you can dial in the bass just right depending on what you are listening to

1 - 17 of 17 Posts