Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

I stumbled upon it by fluke a few days ago. It's really cool!

Our forum here seems to be great for tracking orders; dealing with delays; comparing dealerships' treatment of MSRPs, and so forth. I enjoy it here.

The Facebook one, on the other hand, is really neat in its own way.

Less "enthusiasts", perhaps, and more regular folk.

You should check it out! It's fun!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hey!

I stumbled upon it by fluke a few days ago. It's really cool!

Our forum here seems to be great for tracking orders; dealing with delays; comparing dealerships' treatment of MSRPs, and so forth. I enjoy it here.

The Facebook one, on the other hand, is really neat in its own way.

Less "enthusiasts", perhaps, and more regular folk.

You should check it out! It's fun!
I'm a moderator on the FB page. There is a lot of helping people out with random questions on how to use their new complicated Escalades plus lots of people just sharing their enjoyment for their new rides. And of course.. we get too many dealers trying to buy and sell :-O. Very diverse crowd, certainly a little less "car lover" centric, which i feel stand-alone forums like this tend to be. I enjoy both formats. The FB page has me rolling my eyes a bit more often because you get people on there trying to sell blingy Cadillac T-shirts, etc. I also posted an FAQ that I try to keep updated to help answer the most common questions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like the FB group. I participate in there as well...this is far more technical/expertise which I prefer, but people finding unique things like rear entertainment screen covers, tint for the side markers, 3d printed items, etc, has been cool to check out. Together, both are great

·
Registered
2023 CT4-V wish
14 Posts
Just got "Member request declined" message from the FB group, not sure why (said I don't own one, maybe thats why) 😯

·
Registered
433 Posts
Just got "Member request declined" message from the FB group, not sure why (said I don't own one, maybe thats why) 😯
The only reason we deny someone is if they don't answer the questions (this is to weed out random people just signing up for every group possible to spam the group with non-escalade stuff) or if someone's account has obvious signs of being a spam account (account created today, zero history, no friends, joined every car associated group on the planet) It is possible one of the mods simply made an error and hit the wrong button... resubmit for approval.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yeah I just lied 😂
Well I do have one on order idk if that makes me an owner or not….
You don't need to own one to be accepted. Everyone is welcome. (You just need to answer the questions and not be an obvious spam account).. but the intent is to make it a group for people who own or are interested in owning a gen 5 Escalade. We have debated how much to let dealers post, but since everyone is still desperate to get their hands on an Escalade it feels sort of wrong to tell them they cant post classifieds (even if they have ADM.)

Reactions: travieb23

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On it, but this forum is definitely more educated
LOL! I do think some of the questions there are hilarious!

"How do I know if my Escalade has Super Cruise?"
"What is Super Cruise?"
"What is that black bar on my steering wheel?"
"Why does my engine stop at red lights? Can I turn that off?"

It's a fun group. Lots of pictures. Lots of enthusiasm. But... not a place to visit for advanced technical issues!

I do enjoy perusing it a few times a day!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts