Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
SRX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just recently purchased a beautiful 2010 SRX from a dealership back in February, we LOVED it for about a month!!! :) All of the sudden the driver side HID headlight went out and is full of moisture, the check engine light has come on, there is rattling under the driver side front fender, the car has died on us a couple of times and to top it all off I'm noticing that the navigation isn't up to date and the digital clock never stays set. Any help or shared experiences with solutions would be GREATLY appreciated!!! :(

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
I hate to tell you this but the 2010 was the first year of a model redesign of the SRX. As a result, it is fraught with problems. I have one too and know from first-hand experience! It wouldn't surprise me at all if the previous owner of your SRX dumped it to get rid of having to deal with the issues out of warranty which can be costly.

Your headlight problem is a common problem reported on this forum. I have had both headlights replaced due to the same problem as you're having. Fortunately, mine was under warranty.

Your Radio/Nav unit problem is another common issue. Mine has been replaced twice under warranty.

The Navigation maps require purchasing an update DVD for $179 (just reduced). http://gmnavdisc.navigation.com/home/en_US/GMNA/USD

My 2010 SRX is currently in the shop with the A/C not working. It was going to cost me over $2K until the service manager at the dealership talked to GM and got the work done for $300.

I would spend some time reading this forum because you will find many more issues with the 2010 model year. Some of the same problems still exist in the 2011 and beyond.

My advice is to buy an extended warranty if you still can.

·
Registered
SRX
146 Posts
I have a 2010 SRX and it is a Lemon also here is a list of problems I had Both Headlamps have moisture in them,Nav unit was replaced still doesn't hold
Station Memory,windows and tailgate used to open by themselves they reprogramed and gave me new Key remotes, Both front Wheel Hubs went bad
had to be replaced,severe hesitation still happens,engine light came on had to replace emission purge valve,when cold strut bushings crunch and power
steering makes noise, and it goes on and on

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
Pucker Up... :nuffsaid: Lots more coming.... Purchased a showroom condition 2010 with 70K, under CPO. Purchased last July, so far over 9K in repair work, all covered under CPO. PURCHASE THE EXTENDED WARANTEE !!! Looking to trade mine in soon for a 2013.

·
Registered
2010 SRX
16 Posts
Unfortunately it seems that the 2010's were hit or miss. I have 41,500 miles on mine and have experienced no issues. However as you can see on this forum, I am VERY lucky. Going back to another brand next time.

12,778 Posts
We just recently purchased a beautiful 2010 SRX from a dealership back in February, we LOVED it for about a month!!! :) All of the sudden the driver side HID headlight went out and is full of moisture, the check engine light has come on, there is rattling under the driver side front fender, the car has died on us a couple of times and to top it all off I'm noticing that the navigation isn't up to date and the digital clock never stays set. Any help or shared experiences with solutions would be GREATLY appreciated!!! :(
Hello All,

I am sorry to hear that some of you are currently experiencing concerns with your SRX. Additionally, we want to ensure that you are having the best ownership experience possible with your vehicle. Please send me a PM with your full name, VIN, mileage, phone number, and the name of your involved dealership if you would like to look further into your concern for you. Enjoy your evening and I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 8 of 8 Posts