Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When outside temp below 60 degrees F this code comes up, turns on brake light traction control light, shuts down the cruise control and makes transmission do unusual down shifts. After vehicle heats up symptoms can be removed by stopping, turning off engine and then restarting the engine. When outside temp above 70 degree F., warning lights go off, cruise begins working and code can be erased. The cad manual says to check ABS module for grounds missing or no power. Have checked grounds and power to ABS module and they are present. They then say to replace the ABS module. I read some where on internet that some GM model ABS units have internal loss of power or ground from bad solder joint. Is it possible this is problem with my ABS unit. Any Thoughts? Before I spend $500 for new ABS module I want to be sure this is the cure for my problem.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
190 Posts
Isn't code C0550 the transfer case shift control module error...or something close to that? I can search it later...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L V6
57 Posts
Isn't code C0550 the transfer case shift control module error...or something close to that? I can search it later...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
C0550 is Electronic Control Unit Performance: "The electronic brake control module (EBCM) detects an internal malfunction or loss of ground." Oddly enough my '05 had this code(Along with C0281) for nearly a year and right before I pulled it off to send in for repair they disappeared and never came back.

OP, check out ASAP Speedo, you can send you module to them and they'll fix the problem and send it back for $250.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts