Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
LS6 CTS-V
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my V 2 weeks ago. It already has a Corsa exhaust but the whole 4" tip on a 2.5" tip bugs the crap outta me. Besides - I LOVE the sound of the Magnaflows on my 'stang.

The nice thing with the Corsa - I don't hear a peep when cruisin' on the highway. Is the Magnaflow gonna be bad?

Magnaflow owners - please chime in!

PS - I spend a lot of time on the phone for work while drivin

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
dude Magnaflow uses 2.5 inch tubing with 4in tips too... B&B has the only 3inch exhaust for the V as far as i know.. never heard any in person but from the videos i have seen, Magnaflow is louder at cruse then the Corsa.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,203 Posts
I would say the Magnaflow exhaust has minor drone if you're cruising particularly low in the RPM band. It's certainly nowhere near as "drone-y" as just about every aftermarket exhaust creates on Mustangs (I'm on my 3rd or 4th setup on my '89 - shorties, long tubes, h-pipe, x-pipe, Flowmasters, Dynomax, 2 types of Borlas, they all drone).

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
love my magnaflow. its just loud enough when you want it to be and quiet at cruising speeds

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
Everyone says that Corsa is quiet at idle, but real loud at WOT. Magnaflow is a little louder at idle (not much) and probably not as loud at WOT. If your on the phone, it will not bother you at all. The person on the other end might hear it, but it wont affect your conversation. On the highway, if your lugging 6th, you'll hear some drone. But if your in the right gear, its very close to stock.
For me (Corsa vs Magnaflow) I love the deep rumble of my Magnaflow. B&B might sound deeper, but it also may end up bothering you while on the phone.
If you look hard enough, you can get the Magnaflow for about $600. Roughly half what anything else costs.

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts
For me (Corsa vs Magnaflow) I love the deep rumble of my Magnaflow.
Exactly! After hearing both in person I couldn't be happier that I chose the Magnaflow.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V with 2 carseats in the back and a f'ing minivan
607 Posts
Magnaflow FTW......you can probably sell your Corsa and come out ahead.

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
The magnaflow will be louder on the highway unless you're cruising above 2000 rpms.

·
Registered
LS6 CTS-V
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dude Magnaflow uses 2.5 inch tubing with 4in tips too... B&B has the only 3inch exhaust for the V as far as i know.. never heard any in person but from the videos i have seen, Magnaflow is louder at cruse then the Corsa.
i know that the Magnaflow uses the 2.5 to 4 in... only you cant see the freaking 2.5" pipe INSIDE the 4" tip.

sounds like i'll be selling my Corsa :thumbsup:

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,008 Posts
does either of those companies make a 3" version? I know BB does.
Doesn't B&B's touring section neck down to 2.5", thus if you want a full-length 3" system, you need to get the X pipe? Or, do they have a third version (H pipe?) in between that's also 3"?

You can't argue with the cost of a Magnaflow system compared to a Corsa. I needed to go Corsa to make sure it passed the wife test.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
If you were local I'd swap with you. I love my Magnaflow but after 2 years I'm looking for a different sound.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
^^^ any other exhaust mods? i'm curious as to how loud it'll be with headers and hiflo cats.
I have Kooks and no cats. Here are two videos, one with tune and one without.

[YOUTUBE]DqphlVGQE1w&NR[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]NlOVr4wFch4&NR[/YOUTUBE]

1 - 20 of 40 Posts