Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
johnnybn said:
Reed,

If I bought his sunroof and headliner, what do you think install cost would be?

Jon
:tisk: I don't think I'd try it. The initial expense, plus a major mod to your roof, It would be expensive. I wouldn't risk it.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
DAMN mbai2 beat me to the nav unit!! first the vauss wheels, now this!! lol jk mbai ;)

·
Registered
292 Posts
mbai2, if you dont need the whole center stack, I would be interested in the AC/Heater control if it has heated seats. Im looking for a black one to replace my pewter. Name a price.

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
vettedriver32 hasn't e-mailed me back saying yay or nay so I don't know if I even have it yet. If I am he first person to make and offer, then sorry Caddy Man. I'll buy you a beer whenever we have a MI/Detroit meet to make up for it.

Shaft, from Reed's initial post, I think he wants some parts from the center console. If he doesn't want the climate control panel, I'll let you have a go at it.

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
It turns out that by center stack, he meant only the Nav unit...
He also raised the price above what he posted.

Regardless, I bought it anyway and I'm going to have to figure out a way to turn the faceplate pewter. I can't wait to receive it. I want to see how it compares with my CarPC setup!

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Mbai2 said:
I bought it anyway and I'm going to have to figure out a way to turn the faceplate pewter.
If you find a good matching paint, make sure you post it! I know Shaft is dying to know!

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
odysseus said:
If you find a good matching paint, make sure you post it! I know Shaft is dying to know!
The closest off the shelf paint that I found was bought at a hobby parts store. I bought it to paint my CarPC face plate. It was called "German Gray" or something. It's so close to the factory color that you can only tell that it is different under direct sunlight. The fact that only areas of the faceplate were painted also made it easier to see a difference. I'd imagine that if you painted the whole faceplate with the same paint, you wouldn't be able to see a difference since there the gap above and below the radio would prevent any side to side comparison of the paint colors.

·
Registered
292 Posts
The only problem that comes with painting is the buttons and the lettering on the faceplate. I am exchaging the black faceplate that I have with an '06 woodgrain one. I figure I am no worse off. If I like the looks, I will buy the '06 vents and ashtry to match. I just have to find black climate controls to complete the match. If i dont like the wood I am still looking at exchaging the unit with specmo, which I would assume they would send an exchange with the pewter faceplace. I am just trying to avoid the $450 bill that goes with it!!

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
AsAkAs said:
Mbai2 said:
It turns out that by center stack, he meant only the Nav unit...

Lucky bastard.

But don't you already have a carputer in that spot? are you going back to stock?
I'm not going back to stock. I'm just going to install the OEM Nav for a few weeks and see how it stacks up against my CarPC setup and stick with whichever is easier to use. I'm hoping I'll like my CarPC better since I spent a lot of time developing the system.

Another plus of having an OEM Nav on hand is that I feel like the next buyer of my CTS would rather have an OEM Nav than my CarPC since the OEM Nav has better support from the Caddy dealers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts